Last visit was: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:19 am It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:19 am

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The long haul and overnight parking along the way 
Wanee Wizard

Post The long haul and overnight parking along the way
For any that are travelling that may need to make overnight stops with a camper/RV, I just found this link pertaining to overnight parking at Walmart stores.

Disclaimer: It's not a Walmart publication but it may help making the decision to get off the highway or go to the next exit.

http://www.walmartatlas.com/

If anyone has any other links please post...

WANEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:13 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Post Re: The long haul and overnight parking along the way
EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
For any that are travelling that may need to make overnight stops with a camper/RV, I just found this link pertaining to overnight parking at Walmart stores.

Disclaimer: It's not a Walmart publication but it may help making the decision to get off the highway or go to the next exit.

http://www.walmartatlas.com/

If anyone has any other links please post...

WANEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Waneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:17 am Profile
Wanee Lover

on WalMart parking... if you follow the link, you will find there is a list of NO parking WalMarts.

Now... I think that is an *official* list of what stores do not endorse the policy. FAR from discouraging it, however. I live withing walking distance of the Melbourne one listed as a 'No Parking' WalMart. There are truckers, RV's and cars camped there all the time, and for multiple days.

I like both WalMarts and Highway rest stops. Generally prefer the rest stops, and park back by the trucks. Or WAY down on the end.

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:42 am Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

I think we're taking a little different route this year. Last year we drove to Scranton PA, then south on 81 to 70/270 to DC to 95. I think I'm going to stay on 81 this year through Roanoke then south on 77 through Charlotte NC, Columbia SC, then to 95. The scenery down 81 through VA should be cool.

Any input on this route?

Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:46 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Keep in mind when staying at a Walmart, it is a privlilege, not a right to stay there. You are not at SOSMP and best to not treat it like that. Slip in quietly and slip out quietly. Best to not draw attention to yourselves and it sure wouldn't hurt to go inside and drop a few bucks at the store! ;)

Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:53 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

mike12859 wrote:
Keep in mind when staying at a Walmart, it is a privlilege, not a right to stay there. You are not at SOSMP and best to not treat it like that. Slip in quietly and slip out quietly. Best to not draw attention to yourselves and it sure wouldn't hurt to go inside and drop a few bucks at the store! ;)

I just mapped our route and actually called the Walmart that I'm shooting for on Saturday night. It's all good!

But you are correct Mike, park around the outskirts of the lot and don't bring out chairs/grills. A BBQ will surely get someones attention... :lol:

Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:03 am Profile
Wanee Peach

EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
I think we're taking a little different route this year. Last year we drove to Scranton PA, then south on 81 to 70/270 to DC to 95. I think I'm going to stay on 81 this year through Roanoke then south on 77 through Charlotte NC, Columbia SC, then to 95. The scenery down 81 through VA should be cool.

Any input on this route?

ETR, its been years since I've traveled this route. But if memory serves, there are a lot of steep grades while crossing the mountains. Not sure if it makes a difference to you but thought I'd mention it. Maybe someone else can expand on this. Oh, and it's a very scenic route.

Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:05 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I know, the hills are what scare me but so does DC. I just found another route taking 17 off 81 and hitting 95 between DC and Richmond.

Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:11 pm Profile
Wanee Master

EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
I know, the hills are what scare me but so does DC. I just found another route taking 17 off 81 and hitting 95 between DC and Richmond.

Rt 64 is a more open highway
Rt 17 takes you through every little town

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:12 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

Dartdog82 wrote:
EnjoyingTheRide wrote:

Rt 64 is a more open highway
Rt 17 takes you through every little town

According to Google maps, 64 is 60 miles and 35 minutes more than 17 but you're right about small towns. I dunno................. ;)

Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:20 pm Profile
 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next