Last visit was: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:19 pm It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:19 pm

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Why I am stoked this year more than last year 
Wanee Master

Post Re: Why I am stoked this year more than last year
Hey Maestro!! Whew hooo!!!!! Wanee!! WSMFP!!! haha!! Love ya man!! Stop by Waneetopia as soon as ya get a chance to get free from your camp... ill be there from this friday on setting up what i hope to be the Best Biggest and most Awesome camp at Wanee once again! :) I share some shine with ya! :)

ImageImageImage

Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:58 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Maestro- Walked in posting like an SOB, walked out dancing like a BOS.
You rock, bro. Hoping to make it to funky D before sundown Tuesday.

Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:43 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Jensen B Gator wrote:
It didn't bother me because I too can be a bit of a jerk sometimes and you really need to learn to use that winky face emoticon so people know you are joking around.

Screw you WSP hating Troll, can't wait to crash your pseudo disco rave party. ;) ;) ;)

Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:27 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Right on man. It truly is a magical place. It will heal ya.

Not to hijack your thread but i am beyond stoked this yr as well. I skipped 2013 due to the birth of my son in Feb. Well, after 40 weeks and 5 days, my wife went in to labor after a flawless pregnancy and there was no heart beat. Devastated isn't the word for it. i was in a dark hole for a little while and i couldn't muster up the strength to hardly leave the house. My last
Wanee in 2012, i was on the tail end of being strung out on things i shouldn't have been doing, so again, dark hole.

Fast forward to April 2014. My wife is again pregnant with a girl, Caroline, due in June. I left my old corporate bank job to work for county govt (a decision i made at Lockn, but that's a story for another day) I've been clean for over 18 months off of all of that. For the first time in a long time i am content with my place in the universe.

This is my 4th Wanee and 7th trip to the park. I have had a permasmile on my face for days now that keeps getting bigger.

I hope to meet ya Tuesday night.

Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:29 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Maestro & Scoty - My heart breaks for both of you and I'm so, so glad that the sun has come out for both of you. I'm so, so excited to see both of you next week! xoxo

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

...But the fighter still remains.

Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:54 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Also, Maestro, thank you for this post. There's nothing better than a person owning the mistakes that they've made and moving on (for THEMSELVES...not for others).

I've got to admit, I've been in a dark place this year (2014 f-ing sucks for me so far). I've let that get to me a lot, and I haven't always been particularly happy or friendly online (or in my own head). Your post just lifted my spirits in a really great way. Thank you again. 8-)

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:59 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

yea! heavy and a bottle of bread.

This post makes me feel blessed to be able to unload all my burdens and hang out in a haze of musical and natural bliss for 4 days. It is our experiences that we remember, not the junk or toys we buy. My wife is coming to Wanee this year, her first of anything like this. She said the most beautiful thing I could hope to hear - she believes this will be so mentally restful to set aside all her issues at the university, that she won't want to go back. Wanee is worth every dime because the experience lives on long after the festival closes.

Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:19 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Loofdrone wrote:
My wife is coming to Wanee this year, her first of anything like this. She said the most beautiful thing I could hope to hear - she believes this will be so mentally restful to set aside all her issues at the university, that she won't want to go back. Wanee is worth every dime because the experience lives on long after the festival closes.

Right on!

Jason came to his first Wanee in 2012...not particularly excited about the idea of a big hippie music festival... because I'd raved about how much fun I'd had before.

...and two years later, I think we can all agree that FunForFrenchie has found his "place" in the group. :shock:

(For anyone who hasn't met my husband, all I can say is...you will. :roll: :lol: :lol: )

Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:34 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

The camp asshole (me) approves of this post.

My 2c - Living and growing: they come as a consequence of being on the Suwannee. To me it matters not the festival; every one I have been to at SOSMP is populated with kind hearted and blissful people, who lead by example. And it rubs off onto me... sometimes just a little, and sometimes a bunch, but it all is for the good.

I too have in my past been in a bad head space, and trips to the SOSMP have shown me a better way over the years. Where I am now, is light years away from where I used to be. Yet, I still claim (and occasionally live up to) the moniker Camp Asshole :twisted:

Kudos for the OP in sharing his experience. Reminds me of what is important... :idea:

Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:47 am Profile
Wanee Master

I think this post just proves that each of us is human and we all show a gambit of emotional sides. Im happy that you discovered that Our Wanee Family really is something true and very special. In times like these Its nice to have it... See you next week.

Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:04 pm Profile
 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next