Last visit was: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:38 pm It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:38 pm

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Why I am stoked this year more than last year 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Why I am stoked this year more than last year
Happy Hippie Love Brothers and Sisters!

WANEEWANEEWANEE

Peace, love and Hugs!
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:11 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

I for one am very happy I met you last Maestro. It has been a great year texting back and forth and I look forward to making even more memories and stories for the future with you!!!! see ya Wednesday:):) :P

ps....I'll be sure to wear my sunglasses at night......

Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:34 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Great post maestro. Truly sorry for your loss. Can't wait to party it up new wave style. See you there.

Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:16 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Maestro, I am sorry for your loss. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I understand when life just doesn't make any sense in the way that things occur.

Our first Wanee was 2010 and we were hooked. Later that year, the curveballs started coming beginning with the unexpected death of my mother in September of 2010. Magfest 2012, finding out that my brother was dying from cancer, the way I found out was unique. During the Mosier Brothers set on the mushroom stage, Jeff Mosier asked that everyone keep a friend of his in their thoughts, he went on to say he was a lifelong friend and taper that was battling cancer, and then he said the name of my brother. Because my brother and I had little or no contact after my mother's death, I was unaware of current events. My brother died several weeks after Magfest.

Also during 2012, my husband was diagnosed with Crohn's disease and began his battle with the illness. Sad to say he is not winning this battle and it's accompanying infections that come with it. Fast forward to 2014, and six hospitalizations later, my husband is in no better shape. We made the decision to go ahead with the surgery in March, and it was to be an easy in, easy out. Two weeks later, today, he is still in the hospital with all the doctor's and nurses saying wait and see. The normal three day stay has turned into an undetermined amount of time where no future timetable is possible.

Which finally winds down to the point of my response...I have said things out of frustration, stress, snarkiness, and sometimes just plain damn meanness and have apologized more than once to the kind folks of the BOS/SOS. I have stayed away from the forum when things heat up, but sometimes I look back and find myself guilty of my own potstirring. Life isn't always nice, and it's good to be able to go back and say I'm sorry and have that accepted. I can be very cynical at a lot of things said, but there always seems to be a point when someone makes a very simple point and that opens up a doorway to let the cynicism out.

I will probably be giving up my spot at Camp Sunshine Daydreams due to the current activity here at home, but I postpone my decision once again with the hope a miracle happens and I can make it. I thank the treehugging Tami and the Mammawanee Aunt Bee for keeping hope as I have adopted a new mantra "why bother"...if I don't make it to Wanee, I will be there in spirit. I hope that your dance party is a wang bang doodle (stealing from KB) and that you find the comfort from your brothers and sisters as you surround yourself with food, song and dance.

Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:17 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Thank you all for your kind words!

Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:31 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Maestro, sometimes I feel life is like doing a 90 in 90 with AA...

Sometimes I just gotta go there to see how F'n good i have it. Image

TOUGH IT OUT!
(no stoppin)
TOUGH IT OUT!
(keep rockin)
TILL I WIN THE PRIZE-

I'll TOUGH IT OUT.

TOUGH IT OUT!
(straight ahead)
TOUGH IT OUT!
(knock 'em dead)
NO COMPROMISE.

I'll Tough It Out.

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:23 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Mushroom

Well said My Friend. Wanee is magical because of these people. I can't wait till Tuesday!

Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:01 am Profile
Wanee Lover

this is the best post I've read here in awhile....

I'm not much for abrasive content and negativity....
but we are all susceptible to the ups and downs...

yes, I have seen people turn and be changed.
so glad you "get it" now !!

wanee love is beautiful

Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:48 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I approve of this thread. :)

Blessings on all of you! Funny how we found each other through music eh?

Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:50 am Profile
 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3