Last visit was: Mon May 25, 2015 5:36 am It is currently Mon May 25, 2015 5:36 am

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Taking the kids to Springfest 
Wanee Peach

Post Taking the kids to Springfest
I have tent camped at many a Wanee in the back by the river, even behind the Bat House the first year. This year I want my kids to experience SRMP so we are going to Springfest. We are bringing the pop up and going primitive. Anyone ever been? Does anyone know where I should try to set up. Hoping to not have to walk to far. I don't mind the walk but don't really want to hike it in from the bat house. Any advice is accepted. This isn't the kids first festival we have been going to StringBreak and RiverHawk for three years. Kids are 12,4,&2
Thanks...ZAK

Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:34 pm Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

Post Re: Taking the kids to Springfest
I'm sure Springfesters will chime in, we've never been, but great to see you taking the children!

Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:42 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

The kids love the festival scene. When your four year old daughter asks you to dance you never say no. So I end up doing a lot of dancing.

Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:46 pm Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

zakatak wrote:
The kids love the festival scene. When your four year old daughter asks you to dance you never say no. So I end up doing a lot of dancing.

Since my daughter is 30, I know what your talking about... Oops, probabably shouldn't given away her age...

Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:50 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

I started going to Springfest when my boy was seven; he's 21 now. He's enjoyed the heck out of it every time.

I think a good place for you guys would be behind the bath house that is near the chapel and the lake. See the Wanee map~

download/file.php?id=3787&mode=view

I'm talking about the area between the areas marked Pine Field and Disc Golf. There's lots of shade around there, it's close to the necessary room for the little ones, they can play on the swings, and you can take a short walk on the back dirt road to get to the general store, the crafts area, and the ice cream shop. The kid's activity tent is right across the road from the amphitheater, so that is right nearby too. Camping on the lake can be pretty rowdy, but the area I'm talking about is a bit quieter (I think!).

It can be a trick to find this area driving in... once you emerge from the trees as you are driving in, there is a four way intersection in the open farm field. Take a RIGHT TURN CLYDE there, and drive into the low wooded area... you will make a tight S turn or two and then all of a sudden you will be on the paved road past the amphitheater. Once there, take another RIGHT TURN CLYDE, motor past the bath house, and take one more RIGHT TURN CLYDE onto the unpaved road that doubles back behind the bath house. That is your target area.

Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:06 am Profile
Wanee Lover

When are you arriving? There are a pile of Naples/Bonita/Estero/San Carlos/Ft Myers folks that come to Springfest. We are in the Horse Camp. Look for a giant Banner that says 'Bad Livers' and a mahi mahi and a longboard in a tree and large wooden wind chimes made of 4 ft pine logs. I have heard rumors of a 40 ft tent that may come with us. Stop by and say hello. I have 2 boys 10 and 3. Your 12 yr old will fit in. there are prob 10 kids from 8-14 yo.

Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:20 am Profile
Wanee Peach

nickyler wrote:
When are you arriving? There are a pile of Naples/Bonita/Estero/San Carlos/Ft Myers folks that come to Springfest. We are in the Horse Camp. Look for a giant Banner that says 'Bad Livers' and a mahi mahi and a longboard in a tree and large wooden wind chimes made of 4 ft pine logs. I have heard rumors of a 40 ft tent that may come with us. Stop by and say hello. I have 2 boys 10 and 3. Your 12 yr old will fit in. there are prob 10 kids from 8-14 yo.

You had me at Bad Livers 8-)
The Horse Camp is probably the one place I haven't seen. Hopefully will be pulling into camp by 10 am Thur. The Wind Chimes will be on my to do list.

Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:46 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

beach bob wrote:
I'm talking about the area between the areas marked Pine Field and Disc Golf. There's lots of shade around there, it's close to the necessary room for the little ones, they can play on the swings, and you can take a short walk on the back dirt road to get to the general store, the crafts area, and the ice cream shop. The kid's activity tent is right across the road from the amphitheater, so that is right nearby too. Camping on the lake can be pretty rowdy, but the area I'm talking about is a bit quieter (I think!).

This area here is going to be my plan A. Thanks Bob.

Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:54 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

What entrance do they use for Springfest? Main entrance Or the grass fields off 103rd St also.

Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:36 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

:) no sleeping in at springfest or magfest kids rule the early hours

Last edited by whole lot of love on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:45 am Profile
 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next