Last visit was: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:16 pm It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:16 pm

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 First Timer! 
Wanee Gnome

Post First Timer!
Looking for tips on what to bring with you if you are riding a shuttle in from the hotels. Any info is appreciated!!! :D

Ashley Rose

Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:52 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Post Re: First Timer!
A tent, so you can just stay once you get there. :twisted:

Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:58 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

yuh... your not going to want to leave once that drum circle rhythm gets you.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:00 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Chair, but don't put it up front :D, water or a water bottle you can fill up, if you like to drink a small flask that you can hide ;), sunscreen, bug spray, snacks...

They have decent food selection.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:02 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

a chair, some sort of shade, but not Obnoxios and dont put it close to the stage where people cant see. Sunscreen. Dress in layers. it will be cool at night and hot during the day. Dont sweat it too much. There is a general store that will sell you whatever you forget.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:03 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

One thing to be weary of. Last year at hulaween they would not allow backpacks through the main stage security. I would try to bring as little as possible.

Nalgene bottle to refill with water
Cash for beers
Small flashlight for late night porto inspections
Tapestry to sit on
Hammock if you have one

That is really all I would bring. Maybe a water bottle with some wine or shine to drink before I went in to save on my alcohol costs.

Has anyone heard if they are allowing backpacks this year? Hulaween was no wiggle room. You either walk back to camp with your backpack or leave it at the gate and hopes its still there.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:04 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Springfest was no problem for bags, but it is more laid back and I would not be surprised if they dont let them in at wanee. Check back here before you catch the shuttle and you may get some insider info once the music starts.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:08 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

nickyler wrote:
Springfest was no problem for bags, but it is more laid back and I would not be surprised if they dont let them in at wanee. Check back here before you catch the shuttle and you may get some insider info once the music starts.

When I saw shuttle I immediately imagined them coming on a space shuttle, which would be awesome cause I have a long drive and I think that would speed it up considerably.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:14 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

atpruitt89 wrote:
Has anyone heard if they are allowing backpacks this year? Hulaween was no wiggle room. You either walk back to camp with your backpack or leave it at the gate and hopes its still there.

Mmm......... NO

Despite what nick posted, I saw big PROHIBITED ITEMS signs at the entries, and backpacks were listed. Also camelbacks. It appears the park has standardized the signs, and not left it to the promoter to decide those rules. I would plan on ditching the backpacks for Wanee. Plan accordingly and avoid a buzz killing confrontation with the security people.

atpruitt89 posted almost exactly what I was going to: travel light! The lil' flashlight is a good idea. Sunblock is good too; it's gonna be sunny this time. :D

Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:15 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

beach bob wrote:
atpruitt89 wrote:

Mmm......... NO

Despite what nick posted, I saw big PROHIBITED ITEMS signs at the entries, and backpacks were listed. Also camelbacks. It appears the park has standardized the signs, and not left it to the promoter to decide those rules. I would plan on ditching the backpacks for Wanee. Plan accordingly and avoid a buzz killing confrontation with the security people.

atpruitt89 posted almost exactly what I was going to: travel light! The lil' flashlight is a good idea. Sunblock is good too; it's gonna be sunny this time. :D

At Hulaween I very kindly asked the guy who told me I could not take my backpack in. "As a 5 year running SSOSMP attendee, I am just genuinely curious why backpacks are not allowed anymore."

What he told me is that last years Wanee there was a scare where someone had items in a backpack that had absolutely no business being there and he told me they werent the kind that fit into ziplock bags.

He wouldnt elaborate but I can assume it may have been shiny and metal and goes bang and hurts people.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:26 pm Profile
 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next