Last visit was: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:47 am It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:47 am

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Why I am stoked this year more than last year 
Wanee Pro

Post Why I am stoked this year more than last year
Last year being my 1st Wanee was unique. I thought the line up was OK. But I thought camping and live music was really cool. I had only ever been to the 1st Lollapalooza and Atlanta's Music Midtown as far as festivals go. My buddy Pocaroba was the brain child behind us going last year. I started spending time on the forum and was shocked at what I thought was a bunch of fake hippy tree huggers that all shared the same beliefs like a weird cult. So obviously I start to stir the poop! It's my nature.
I decided to go to the meet and greet and stand my anti WSMFP ground. What I found was a bunch of generous kind hearted people who basically are better people than myself and less cynical. I was in a real dark place last Wanee as my mother was dying of brain cancer and my father was dying of kidney failure. I was apprehensive of even going afraid of that phone call.
I came back from Wanee a different person because despite my situation at the time you guys showed me the world is still full of great people and wanee is a great place to forget about your problems if even only for a few days.
Bridges I am sure were burned, but hey we all do dumb stuff.
My mother passed in May of last year and my father followed in September. I have no hesitations about going this year and look forward to seeing you all. I hope you get to see more of the real me this year than dark emo me from last year 8-) .
I wanted to have this new wave party thing as a way to say thanks for showing me a culture I did not know existed. It really is a family and like real family you guys didn't turn your back on the should have been blacksheep.

Proud to be a brother and Tuesday can't get here fast enough

Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:25 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Why I am stoked this year more than last year
Thanks for sharing. Wanee is a magical place.

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy

Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:30 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Thought you were the biggest troll when you first arrived. :lol:

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:30 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Pro

Volkemon wrote:
Thought you were the biggest troll when you first arrived. :lol:

If I do something I try to go big :lol:

Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:31 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

ImageImage

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:34 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Master

Look forward to meeting you....
Wanee is a respite from our daily problems. Each of us have them and this is a short period of time to, maybe not forget, but to put on the back burner for a few days.
I am sorry about your family loses....and unfortunately, we are all headed in that direction.
I had a brain cancer (non-malignant) several years ago and with surgery I survived....that is one of the reasons I first wanted to go....kind of a bucket list thing.
I met many new friends and enjoy being with those that I only know from here.
And thanks for the party idea....and thanks for offering to host the M&G. This should be a grate time shared by family. And not trolls :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:50 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Thank you very much for sharing. We truly are a family on this list. No one should be afraid to ask for help or seek solace from family. That's why we are here.

We are all so sorry for your loss. I was just commenting to a friend on Facecrack about the phrase "he or she is in a better place." It seems so false for younger people. In her case, her mom had been long-suffering. Like my dad with Alzheimer's, their passing DID take them to a place where there was no more hurt. Plus my dad is now patting and playing with about a trillion dogs from dog heaven!

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:11 pm Profile
Wanee Master

nice post Maestro
You did get on some people's nerves last year as there are some really sweet souls on here that can't handle sarcasm and joking around. It didn't bother me because I too can be a bit of a jerk sometimes and you really need to learn to use that winky face emoticon so people know you are joking around.
Any how I'm sorry for your loss and I'm glad that you are dealing with that pain the best that you can.
Look forward to seeing you Tuesday at your party. 8-)

Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:29 pm Profile
Wanee Master

maestro63 gets a big hug from me. I meet him briefly at last years M & G but not at the music or concert (that I can Remember ;) ) but prolly to short, like Miguel too short. M & G was kinda a blurr to me last year (sprinted). Mick from years past was the same way, to short (even tho we got him closer to the peach stage that year.) maestro I will be at your party (After Golf With Bob & Scott :lol: morning deal) :!: Hopefully! :D :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:00 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Pro

Great post Maestro! It reenforces my believe of what a magical place Wanee is. And what a wonderful group of people the BOS/SOS are! Can't wait to be there soaking it all in.

Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:26 pm Profile
 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next