Last visit was: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:38 am It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:38 am

[ 9 posts ] 
 Good Thursday Morning..... 
Wanee Fan

Post Good Thursday Morning.....
How are we all this morning?

Are we ready to be there? Are you already on your way?

Other than a change or two of undies (for those that bother to wear em), what is your Wanee must?

Food? What is your good ole standby?

Beverage? What must you have by your side?

What do you always bring extra because you know someone else is going to want or need?

Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:54 am Profile
Wanee Master

Post Re: Good Thursday Morning.....
TheresaCee wrote:
How are we all this morning?

Are we ready to be there? Are you already on your way?

Other than a change or two of undies (for those that bother to wear em), what is your Wanee must?

Food? What is your good ole standby?

Beverage? What must you have by your side?

What do you always bring extra because you know someone else is going to want or need?

1 1/2 days til I'm on the Road North
Must have the essentials to with stand bad weather-Tarps and rain gear

Low Country Boil.....and Dark Chocolate M&M's

Beer and Wild Turkey

Bring xtra beer 8-)

Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:59 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

I'm Bringing Steak. People overlook it as a camping/tailgating food, but it is one of the easiest things to cook and eat. And by the time you buy all the condiments for burgers or tube meat, you could have bought enough steak for 4 people.

IPAs!!! They are most delicious.

For other people: I bring golf cart rides. during some of the earlier music I drive around and play taxi. Its alot of fun meeting people and chatting for a 5 min ride.

Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:00 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Good morning Wanee Family, 6 days til Lift Off for me!

Wanee must.... Dawn Dish Soap (it will rid your campsite of fire ants)

Thinking about cooking some steaks on Wednesday, as nickyler alluded to, should be easy and delish. Was also thinking of making a pot of spaghetti on Thursday so my camping buddies can just come grab a plate in between sets. Also eggs and bacon for some breakfast. and beer, beer, beer, whiskey, beer!

For other people: Probably bring a little extra firewood along.

See ya'll soon!

Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:05 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Low Country Boil.....and Dark Chocolate M&M's

Chocolate?? Squirrel likes chocolate. Is Gator chocolate as good as Capt Brian chocolate?

Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:32 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

I'm ready, me. Mentally, that is. :?

Been slogging it out @ w&rk, and feel somewhat (somewhat!!) caught up today. I was fretting about the schedule... No. 1 Son and I are driving up Thursday, and he's concerned about making the Blind Boys' set. As am I; we are both very excited to see the Blind Boys and Soulive, as we've not seen either of them. But as I was taking No. 1 Son to college this morning, he was telling me how he's got his class absences all figured out so he could go to all his desired festivals, without getting expelled :P ... so I said, what the hell we worried about then, let's hit the road Thur AM, dude!!! Noonish arrival on Thursday is therefore anticipated 8-)

All we need is a cooler full of beverages and cold cuts, rain gear, good footwear, couple towels, sunblock ... my weather device currently sez: Plenty of sunshine!!!!!
:mrgreen:

Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:13 am Profile
Wanee Fan

and ya see I always overpack....but I like comfort....

I bring the tent....the airmattress...the blow up nightstand...the big heavy comforter....

I stuff in some extra sleeping bags (ya never know rain or someone who is freezing at night)....I bring a suitcase of clothes, I don't like being ill prepared....

Then don't forget my kitchen....yes I bring a kitchen including the kitchen sink....

the 33 cup coffee pot.....

and tons of food....

Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:05 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Yummy TeresaCee :!: I know where I'm going to visit. It sounds great. My ex said we would just buy everything but I like to have the company of good friends to eat with. I know we can pay YOU :!:
Layde

Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:13 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Cooked a boston butt last weekend so i have a feqw quarts of frozen BBQ, add sauce and throw on camp stove.

I pack lighter and lighter each yr. aside from bbq, american cheese for grilled cheese and jelly for pb&j are the only things that need to stay cold (aside from beer).

Lift off in T-28 hrs.

Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:43 am Profile
 [ 9 posts ]