Last visit was: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:04 pm It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:04 pm

[ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 The 2014 SOS/BOS Badges are here!!!!!!!! 
Wanee Master

Post The 2014 SOS/BOS Badges are here!!!!!!!!
I have finished up the Badge art work, received the seal of approval by the SOS/BOS Badge Art Committee and are ready for release!!! :D Thanks to everyone who contributed in the design process!!! :)

History of the badge – In 2009 some core members of the “then new” Waneefest forum thought it would be great to have some sort of identification of each other at the 1st annual “Meet and Greet” and came up with the idea of the badges. Things took off from there when RvrRat submitted the original artwork and things evolved to the official BOS/SOS ID badge. They were a hit at the M&G and allowed everyone to bypass the formal introductions to more of a reach, read and hug sort of atmosphere. Wearing them the entire fest allowed others, who didn’t get to make the official party, recognize other BOS/SOS while out and about and get to know one another. I know I got stopped multiple times out walking by others who recognized the badge.

The 2010 2nd annual Meet & Greet was again hosted by liketosmoke and his lovely wife and the badges helped everyone keep track of who was who, especially once the Wanee Nectar and Mule Juice (Thanks petewhit!) starting flowing. There was also the time we thought we were being invaded by martians and ready to call security but noticed a badge around the little green guys neck that read "trippin' tom". All was cool at that point thanks to the BOS badge. They really do have their advantages folks - trust me on this one.

The 2011 3rd annual M&G was an even bigger success and many new lifelong friendships were made. The food and drink flowed nonstop as did the hugs and music. Leaving the park was difficult for most but we’ve managed to stay in contact all year long and attended other events together throughout the year.

2012 brought a whole new meaning to the words Meet & Greet as it was, by far, the largest one yet and introduced a collection of new and interesting people. Thanks to AndieBee for allowing the party to happen at her site and being such an awesome hostess with the mostess. So many new friendships made and so much partying together throughout 2012 and into the New Year. Lifelong friendships abound and welcome all who want to join in. Jump on!!!

The 2013 5th annual Meet & Greet marked the end of a tradition. This being the largest Meet and Greet in history, we had Brothers and Sisters spilling out into the streets on all ends. Andie Bee, Peggy O and many many others work very hard on keeping it all contained and running smoothly.... it was beyond awesome and large!!

The 2014 6th annual Meet & Greet is still in the planning stages, but it marks the end of the Traditional River Road location and the beginning of a new tradition of having the Meet and Greet at the large Camp of Waneetopia just outside the Mushroom Stage. Stay posted as the 2014 Meet and Greet is still in the planning stages, more announcements to come! :) Having a BOS/SOS badge swinging around your neck is a necessity. It’s a great ice breaker and a great collectible for your Wanee paraphernalia also.

And now - the moment we've all been waiting for..... here ......... is........... your.......... 2014........... BOS/SOS.......... official............ ID............. (non sanctioned/endorsed by LN of course).............. BADGE!!!!!!!

ImageImageImage

Last edited by djkeeb69 on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:25 am Profile
Wanee Master

Post Re: The 2014 SOS/BOS Badges are here!!!!!!!!
Below is the official M&G art.. The small badge sizes are at 72 pixels/inch and the printed out size is generally 3.5” X 5” – however – feel free to dress it up and print it out at whatever size feels good to ya. Be proud!!

Also – if you need badges made up (design only of the badges and sending a file that is printable etc etc.) and emailed back to you, please email djkeeb69 at waneebadge2014@gmail.com to include, screen name, real name, city, state and if a Brother or Sister (some names are misleading). You do not have to have a screen name in order to attend the M&G or to wear a badge and he’ll make one up for your friends also. The last couple of years we’ve done most of them 2 sided – this year they will be one sided and you can either print it out to be double sided or use the back side for schedule notes. Laminating them is the best idea for durability and any of the office stores will do it for you cheap.

If you have any issues or general questions, feel free to shoot me a personal message here, or email me at waneebadge2014@gmail.com

(2 sided folding)

(2 sided folding)

I have also set up a file sharing site so that those whom are tech savoy enough to do them their selves can get the high quality files.
I will not post the MUCH large Camp Site Sign/poster, but it too is on the file sharing site labeled as such.

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/m%2FFNdSZAcynLom15D%2Bt0AeuXE9%2F2FjofzfCZjjecGhLSe%2BZTRKcVOhfb9%2Bg4%2FatG

ImageImageImage

Last edited by djkeeb69 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:26 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Nice work Adam!
I want one for sure.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:57 am Profile
Wanee Master

You've out done yourself, grate job Adam. 8-)

Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:38 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Image WooooooHooooo!! Image

THANK YOU!!! Excellent job.

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:44 am Profile WWW
Wanee Master

Awesome as always Adam :!: :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:10 am Profile WWW
Wanee Master

Very nice Volkemon! :)

And thanks Scrog, Jeff and Bill

ImageImageImage

Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:05 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Volkemon wrote:
Image WooooooHooooo!! Image

THANK YOU!!! Excellent job.

You could play the mob guy in movies :D

Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:35 am Profile
Wanee Lover

maestro63 wrote:

You could play the mob guy in movies :D

Worked Army MP, repo man, bar back, bouncer, and security. I am a little old now to fight for sport, but back in the day.... well.... explains the shape of my nose. :)

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:43 am Profile WWW
Wanee Master

And that is why we keep you around Keeb....
nice work......

(as always)

Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:53 am Profile
 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next