Last visit was: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:50 am It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:50 am

[ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Schedule link 
Wanee Gnome

Post Re: Schedule link
funkengroovin wrote:
PartyMoguls wrote:
There has been a lot of talk that the schedule hasn't been released because there will be bands "added" to the lineup. I hate to be a Negative Nelly and hope that I am wrong, but with my music background that often means that there is a cancellation, and as you can imagine, it is best for business to hold off on that announcement as long as possible. I just hope that I am wrong!

Unfortunately I would tend to agree, there are not many reasons to hold out on releasing the schedule at this point. I will be there, I will have a blast but I still feel like I have been strung along with the schedule. Very unprofessional on their part.

i agree completely about the unprofessional part.

the least we deserve is an announcement asking us to be patient & offer any explanation why no schedule for so long...

i mean, it's not like we dropped $$$hundreds$$$ on the tickets, camping supplies, and festy misc. oh wait...

Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:03 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

soulshinesista wrote:
funkengroovin wrote:
PartyMoguls wrote:
There has been a lot of talk that the schedule hasn't been released because there will be bands "added" to the lineup. I hate to be a Negative Nelly and hope that I am wrong, but with my music background that often means that there is a cancellation, and as you can imagine, it is best for business to hold off on that announcement as long as possible. I just hope that I am wrong!

Unfortunately I would tend to agree, there are not many reasons to hold out on releasing the schedule at this point. I will be there, I will have a blast but I still feel like I have been strung along with the schedule. Very unprofessional on their part.

i agree completely about the unprofessional part.

the least we deserve is an announcement asking us to be patient & offer any explanation why no schedule for so long...

i mean, it's not like we dropped $$$hundreds$$$ on the tickets, camping supplies, and festy misc. oh wait...

I agree. They are pissing off 10,000 + people who already have tickets so that they dont miss out on the 400 people who would change their mind because 1 band cancelled. We know its not one of the family bands, other than that who cares who it is. yes, it will be slightly dissappointing but not a dealbreaker if we dont see Barry Oakley's Skylab.

Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:13 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Anyone think is is anyone else aside from Skynyrd?

Kind sucks if a co headliner is not going to play to not even let us know. When Neil Young dropped off of Lock'n they let everyone know and i want to say offered some kind of exchange for people who still didn't want to go.

Boooo Live Nation, Boooo.

where is James_LN when you need him?!?!?!?!?!

Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:33 pm Profile
Wanee Master

The saddest part is that nobody is saying he or she is surprised by this lack of professionalism and concern on the part of LN.

Maybe they are trying out to be the GM of concert promoters.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:54 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

My guess is that someone either canceled on them or they simply did not sell enough tickets and had to drop someone and rather than risk losing more sales at the gate they will wait until the last minute to break the news. I try to make sense of things and that is the only thing that makes sense to me at this point.

Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:09 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

tieyourshoes51 wrote:
The saddest part is that nobody is saying he or she is surprised by this lack of professionalism and concern on the part of LN.

I thin many people aren't saying anything because this is par for the course for Wanee. I have been to them all, and there have been quite a few years where I sussed out the schedule when I was given a booklet or read it on the makeshift marquees to the side of the stages.

Large acts canceling would have come through the grapevine. No need to go to the fest stressed or ticked off.

Frankly, I'm disgusted by how the SOSMP operates (although I would suppose the lack of schedule has more to do with the promoters).

On an up note, the moonshine bar is running a happy hour on Wednesday. It makes my lips all tingly.

Blooby

Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:21 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

I think some kind of announcement is due too. Explain that there could be changes and thanks to everyone for being patient...something.

I think someone is backing out, or

Someone is sick and not sure they will be up to playing, or

LN doesn't have enough ticket sales, so they're renegotiating the contracts with the bands and some are threatening to back out.

I don't think there's a surprise. It's all about money and a surprise guest would pull more revenue. It would be announced for sure!

Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:26 pm Profile
Wanee Master

I never have any problem at Bear Creek or AURA, so I'm not sure it's on SoSMP for the problems. Seems like LN is the culprit. Of course, when there are no hard facts, rumors blossom wildly!

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:28 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

so....guess probably a super dumb question - maybe we missed a post...but has anyone sent Michellegabriel@livenation.com a question about the schedule problems? That is the link from the 'contact us' from the main Wanee page and was just curious.

I sent an email to both links from LN and TM and got nothing of help. They only wanted to discuss 'ticket info' and not actual fest info. I even got an email that made it clear to me that they were NOT responding from anywhere that they understood the English Grammar language.

and I copy/paste
However, Live Nation is are Sister Company; not are Partner Company. Those are two different things; and this event in question is not being sold by either one of us.

Also, is there anyone already at the venue that has 'seen' the schedules either when they provide you with a 'program' or the schedule boards next to the stages?

This will be our 5th year and still looking forward to it because we LOVE the crowd. Everyone is your next 'best friend for life. We have friends coming from CO and TX just for this kind of love. We could not think of missing this for as long as it lasts.

can't wait to see everyone! Safe travels!

Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:29 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Hello,
The schedule will be posted shortly- there was a few technical errors with the website.
Thank you Michelle

Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:38 pm Profile
 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next