Last visit was: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:47 pm It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:47 pm

[ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Kraft Beer Lovers! 
Wanee Mushroom

Post Kraft Beer Lovers!
I Am proposing a kraft beer table at the Meet and Greet on Thursday. Since we are all coming from dif regions, we can all bring some of our fav local area brews and all try each others selections. I think it's a great idea and would love to sample some Florida brews! Let's take a vote!

Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:40 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Kraft Beer Lovers!
we came up with this same idea last year for lockn. it seemed brilliant at the time. but no glass allowed in plus nobody actually showing up to the meet and greet kind of killed the idea, lol. oh, and then there was also the guy that drank all his home made beer before the meet and greet was even supposed to start, lol!

Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:15 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Oh I'm down!! The hubs and I love our good beer. We will bring some from our neck of the woods!!!

Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:18 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

I believe glass is allowed at the SOSMP and if not then this idea is shot. I've got some wicked Schlafly IPA brewed with Tasmanian hops and will get some more variety by then. I think us dedicated beer lovers can get it organized!

Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:23 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Several people brought Craft beers to the M&G last year. Still others brought beer from their locale and traded for some from somewhere else. You are not supposed to bring glass...but I have never seen that rule enforced.....not saying that someone else didn't see a problem with glass.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:48 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

FWIW, a lot of quality craft brewers are now canning beers instead of bottling. The best local Tampa brewery, Cigar City, does not bottle any of their beer (other than if you bring a growler into the taproom).

Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:39 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Oddly enough, the print material about AURA said "absolutely no glass containers."

AS IF.

Fortunately, it was not enforced in any way. What are they going to do -- look in everybody's coolers?

The beers I drink DO NOT come in cans!

The craft beer idea is great. In fact, I will gladly pay carrying charges if somebody from the Maryland area brings a BUNCH of Sweet Baby Jesus Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout from the DuClaw Brewery!

Serious talk!

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:40 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

tieyourshoes51 wrote:
Oddly enough, the print material about AURA said "absolutely no glass containers."

AS IF.

Fortunately, it was not enforced in any way. What are they going to do -- look in everybody's coolers?

The beers I drink DO NOT come in cans!

The craft beer idea is great. In fact, I will gladly pay carrying charges if somebody from the Maryland area brings a BUNCH of Sweet Baby Jesus Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout from the DuClaw Brewery!

Serious talk!

You say that, but they actually did that at lockn' last year. I had to take my cooler out of my car and open it. I just brought 2 24 cases of yuengling. not the best, but some of the best you can get mass produced in cans. i'll see if i can bring some Hardywood with me. People go crazy for their gingerbread stout, but i hate gingerbread, so i'll be open for trades.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:28 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Let the trading begin!

Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:04 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

I'm down to bring several different growlers from Cigar City in Tampa.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:10 pm Profile
 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next