Last visit was: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:47 pm It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:47 pm

[ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 The 2014 Wanee Favorite Moment Thread 
Wanee Mushroom

Post The 2014 Wanee Favorite Moment Thread
What a blast. My body aches from the fun. High point for me was hearing The Brothers do "True Gravity" after so many years. I had heard they broke it out at the Beacon but forgot, so that was a huge surprise.

The five foot Derek head that moved around the crowd amused me the first time I saw it.

I was ecstatic when The Mule broke out Billy Cobham's "Stratus," but I seem to remember it petering out. I'll have to check the tapes.

Low point was seeping grey water into the woods. Two sections of hose uncoupled, and it kind of ran everywhere. Did not smell like grey water. Smelled...well, like poo-poo. Luckily, the smell vanished very quickly, and life returned to the surreal.

It was also strange to come back and read the latest quotes from Gregg about not ending the Brothers.

Blooby

Last edited by Blooby on Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:37 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Post Re: The 2014 Wanee Favorite Moment Thread
Best moment for me was Warren jamming to Led Zepplin with Dumpsterfunk! What a set!

Worst was having someone take down our hammocks at the Mushroom stage Saturday night. Not only took them down, but stole them. About 20 hammocks in our little area were gone. Ropes and all, picked clean. We have never had them taken down. They said they made an announcement that they needed to be taken down. But to take them too?

That being said, musically it was my best Wanee yet!

Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:23 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Best was shaking Butchs hand and him telling me to trade my GD shirt in for one that means something and then the ABB playing Franklins Tower that same night! Blew my mind

Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:25 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

When I got back to the tree house and my stuff was in the front row. Four kind gents swapped spots with Jane so that I could get better pics and videos.

I use a monopod to help steady my camera and have taken some pretty good shots. I got it from a kind fella at last years Wanee on Friday when he saw me using a fence post to steady my camera. I told him I would see him on Sunday and return it. I did not make it back to the spot and felt so bad. I took that stick to Vegas, Red Rocks, Vibes and Peach.
I woke up Thursday morning and was so upset, my stick was gone! Of course the guy was in the same spot, videoing. I went up to him and told him my stick story and that I was so sorry. He walked back to his truck and gave me another retractable monopod/walking stick.
I love you guys and what we share.

I have no bad Wanee memories.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:22 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

The whole week was awesome as usual. Favorite bands were Cope, TTB, Allmans, Dumpstaphunk and Skynyrd. I know LS were getting a bad rap on the forum leading up to Wanee but I think they really tore it up on Friday. They were easily one of the highlights for me.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:48 pm Profile
Wanee Master

WARREN. HAYNES. IS. THE. MAN.

That is all.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:50 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

moe., Trey, Gov't Mule, Pink Talking Fish, JJB, All Night Wrong, catching the tail end of Freebird

Riding the Ferris Wheel during Mule.

Not favorite, but funny, I overheard a lady telling a 20 year old kid dressed like a hippie that Jerry Garcia was dead after the guy told her something about wanting to see him play live. She felt bad breaking the news to him.

Joking that the guy we just walked past near the pizza booth looked like Keith Richards and later finding out it was actually him.

Those 2 guys that wear the lights on their white suits.

Meeting kind people. Sharing.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:17 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Also, Apple Butter Express's after-show hootenanny jam in Bean's shop was fun!

Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:29 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Front & Center for Trey
Went on a walk with Joel of Umphrey's and had a magical 1-on-1 convo.
Basically my dreams came true this weekend.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:36 am Profile
Wanee Master

Too many to list. My favorite memories include dancing under the stars with friends to some very fine music in our favorite place.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:07 am Profile
 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next