Last visit was: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:34 am It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:34 am

[ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 The 2014 Wanee Favorite Moment Thread 
Wanee Pro

Post Re: The 2014 Wanee Favorite Moment Thread
I might be getting the hang of this Wanee thing after 10 years. I feel like I saw more music than I've ever seen before and also got to hang at multiple campsites with wonderful friends.

Besides the music one of my favorite moments was watching Galadrielle Allman with Butch and Gregg at the Mushroom Stage talk about her book and Duane. We were about 15 feet away and I felt like they were just sitting around in a living room telling stories. I'm sure it will be on YouTube somewhere so check it out.

And no rain after we got there on Wednesday.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:30 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Our first Wanee, and definitely had a blast! Although I had never been the biggest of Allman fans, I was very impressed with their performance and have a new level of respect for them. Dumsta was good, and particularly loved All Night Wrong with Umphrey's. Front and center for Rusted Root may have been the biggest highlight for us, as we've been following them since 1991.

Biggest disappointment music-wise may have been Chris Robinson Brotherhood. They hadn't played in a year and a half and they did sound rusty, but we get another shot at listening to them this weekend in ATL at the Sweetwater 420 Fest.

No rain was a big plus, in fact the weather was outstanding. The place was super crowded, just glad we got there early Thursday while there were still some half decent camping spots. We drove by some of the "camps" that people have been mentioning on the boards here, but they were all packed to the gills by Thursday morning...so we just kept driving and driving until we found something open, not too far away, that was at least in eyesight of some trees!

For next year, we definitely want to do a better job of capturing peoples' contact info to stay in touch, and would love to be somewhere near where people are playing their own music. Brought my drum, but had no one to play with!

Overall we had a great time...ready for Wanee II next year!

Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:42 pm Profile
Wanee Master

That was a superb set from moe., and I would swear that the emotional interplay during Rusted Root was stunning. WOW

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:43 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

nickyler wrote:
moe. Most People were over listening to that other band. I walked from beer tent to the front of the stage a couple times barely bumping into anyone. It was awesome.

Agreed! moe. was very special. My lady had a beautiful nap to their fantastic jams, while I just soaked it in. Saw LS last year so didn't miss anything either.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:44 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Quote:
what song did Popper sit in w/ dumpsta?

I forget the song but i think my mind left my body for a while then. The Warren sit in was awesome too.

Custard Pie. I am listening to it right now. I had to buy it because I missed the show :cry:

How many songs did Warren sit in on? It sounds like three or four.

Some of the vocals are a little strained and off, but the band sounds really tight on most songs. Glad I bought it. About 18 Zep songs - it must have gone on late!

Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:05 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Loofdrone wrote:
Quote:
what song did Popper sit in w/ dumpsta?

I forget the song but i think my mind left my body for a while then. The Warren sit in was awesome too.

Custard Pie. I am listening to it right now. I had to buy it because I missed the show :cry:

How many songs did Warren sit in on? It sounds like three or four.

Some of the vocals are a little strained and off, but the band sounds really tight on most songs. Glad I bought it. About 18 Zep songs - it must have gone on late!

Yeah they screwed some lyrics up and sang a verse twice, but the band was good. The drummer kept them all together nicely.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:13 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Hey Scotydog - I bet you were referring to Popper's jam on Nobody's Fault But Mine. That really rocks!! :D

Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:14 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

i will be honest, my entire weekend i think peaked during that set. I was there but as my friend said, "he gone"

glorious.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:22 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

how about highway star by UM ??? AMAZING & thumbs up to skynyrd, great set !!! & Tedeski / Trucks they're actually getting better each time I see them

Jeb MacVittie (Spirit Photographer)
"Images that are Music to the Eyes"

Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:36 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Soulive. They alone were worth the drive from TX.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:24 pm Profile
 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next