Last visit was: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:08 am It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:08 am

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Arrests at Wanee 2014 (Ridiculous!!!!) 
Wanee Gnome

Post Arrests at Wanee 2014 (Ridiculous!!!!)
I understand that there are usually many arrests at Wanee. The first time my friend and I attended a few years ago I had to run from a gang of cops within 45 minutes of being there! I barely got away too, luckily it was dark and could I was able to hide. My friend wasn't so lucky! If you're a smoker be careful, especially in the camp sites! Those FL cops are not tolerant to people smoking. (Unless you're impossible to get to in a big crowd)

Anyway here's a link to all of the arrests they have down so far. (More should surface by the end of the night)

What kills me is all of these people going to jail for under 20 grams of cannabis! FL cops have the option to write people notice to appear tickets! So why was everyone going to jail? Because the cops enjoy locking people up at the Suwannee Music Park. It's as simple as that :evil:

Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:12 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Post Re: Arrests at Wanee 2014 (Ridiculous!!!!)
Those LEOs must have been places I wasn't. I saw lots of people smoking openly, and nobody batted an eyelash.

Just lucky, I guess.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:52 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

There was a heavy police presence, but I didnt see anyone getting hassled either. I am not sure about that notice to appear thing either. I have never heard of anyone getting caught holding and get told to come back later. They go to jail... Like NOW.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:57 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Socal213 wrote:
I understand that there are usually many arrests at Wanee. The first time my friend and I attended a few years ago I had to run from a gang of cops within 45 minutes of being there! I barely got away too, luckily it was dark and could I was able to hide. My friend wasn't so lucky! If you're a smoker be careful, especially in the camp sites! Those FL cops are not tolerant to people smoking. (Unless you're impossible to get to in a big crowd)

Anyway here's a link to all of the arrests they have down so far. (More should surface by the end of the night)

What kills me is all of these people going to jail for under 20 grams of cannabis! FL cops have the option to write people notice to appear tickets! So why was everyone going to jail? Because the cops enjoy locking people up at the Suwannee Music Park. It's as simple as that :evil:

Actually, if you look at the majority of the arrests most are not just for cannabis, they are for other drugs as well. In most cases they are targeting people selling at the park, as they should. BYO!

Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:57 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Was VERY close to a deputy confiscating weed from a trio.... Can't be too careful! :evil:

Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:59 am Profile
Wanee Lover

i parked my bike by all of their cars, i figured it would be safe there.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:15 am Profile
Wanee Master

There was a group of underaged drinkers who were stopped sitting outside my campsite. The little girl was crying her eyes out. Heartbreaking. But if you're going to party and you're 15, don't wave your beer in the face of LEOs driving down River Road.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:26 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

I dunno...

I just looked at the Suwannee County arrest page, a casual count shows about 60 arrests btw. 4/10 and 4/13 that appear to be related to the festival. Heaviest day: 21 busted on 4/12 (I subtracted a couple domestic & violent bookings that appear unrelated to the fest). In terms of percentages, if we assume 10,000 people on site that day, that's 0.2%.

Yeah it sucks if it happens to you, but those aren't big numbers of arrests.

If your mindset is one of: I have a constitutional right to do whatever I want to while at the festival, you might get busted.

Forrest Gump said it best: Stupid is, as stupid does.

<shrug>

Last edited by beach bob on Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:42 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

nickyler wrote:
There was a heavy police presence...

I thought the opposite. Other than a few key spots like the entrance, I thought they were pretty sparse. They never came by our campsite (music row 490). I did see a handful of red-shirted security, but I didn't see any tense interactions. Maybe I just wasn't around during those times.

Blooby

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:43 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Blooby wrote:
nickyler wrote:
There was a heavy police presence...

I thought the opposite. Other than a few key spots like the entrance, I thought they were pretty sparse. They never came by our campsite (music row 490). I did see a handful of red-shirted security, but I didn't see any tense interactions. Maybe I just wasn't around during those times.

Blooby

Yeah I hava a cart and spent alot of time driving people around, and I was constantly passing cops, but I didnt see anyone getting hassled.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:54 am Profile
 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next