Last visit was: Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:49 am It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:49 am

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Arrests at Wanee 2014 (Ridiculous!!!!) 
Wanee Gnome

Post Re: Arrests at Wanee 2014 (Ridiculous!!!!)
sneake wrote:
one of the guys i met and ended up camping with got busted. two undercovers, a dude and a chick. both wearing tie dye, chick had two long blonde braids. they came in looking for something,

wouldn't that be considered a form of entrapment? idk. simple enough to byo. saves alot of time and hassle.

Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:01 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Quote:
In criminal law, entrapment is a practice whereby a law enforcement agent induces a person to commit a criminal offense that the person would have otherwise been unlikely to commit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entrapment

This person had the drugs already, the police merely asked if he had any. No entrapment at all, the sheer stupidity of the arrested person was sufficient.

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:55 am Profile WWW
Wanee Master

And you can't fix stupid...

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:29 am Profile
Wanee Master

:oops: :oops:
I resemble that remark.. :o

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:58 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

:x I will never attend another wanee after this years festival.... The police are absolutely rediculous. ive always heard about the undercover cops and the crooked arrests made, but ive never seen it until this year.. not to mention the rude ass people up front thinking they own the spot just because they put a chair down! F*ck that Sh*T!!!

anyways i met this bad ass dude who went by the nickname "Wingnut". he was a killer dude and was nothing but nice to me and all my friends.... well... late night Friday this year (2014) this hippie couple came up to him and started talking and chillin with him. ( a blonde chick with braided pig tails and a regular looking dude...) after kickin it for a short while, they asked if he had any mushys..and he gladly gave them some. just because that's how he was. he was a nice dude. as soon as they made the transaction. the cuffs went on... had to watch my buddy get taken away.... total entrapment and crookedness at its finest..

Now.. to the chair ordeal.... Who in there right minds would want to sit down at the front row of a F*cking music festival??? let alone and allman bros show!?!?! Blows my mind... i mean what the hell just sit on the ground if you gatta sit down.. duhh... and the old folks seriously think they own the place! we all payed the same $$.. i literally got pushed back and told to go home by some old redneck guy in the front of the Bros.. there is also this old redneck chick named "Trish" who is there every year and stands Greg side front row every year.. she is a prime example of why i will never go back to wanee.. she keeps 4 chairs surrounding her so no one can stand in "her" spot.... i couldn't even enjoy lynyrd skynyrd because she was shouting at everyone because they were in "her spot".... she knows the security up front to.. The dude with the long beard to be specific.. Trish wasn't there all day Saturday and just appeared out of no where half way through the brothers set and tried to claim "her spot".. she got into a cat fight with a chick who wasn't taking her sh*t, and they both got yanked out.. the chicks husband was in aww.. he didnt know wtf just happened... he was pissed.. and all the sudden here comes Trish right back at it.. and the Bearded security guard just laughed it off like it was a game.. yea haha just ruined this couples time at wanee... no biggie........ i was soo disgusted at what i witnessed, that i literally left the bros.. and went back to camp.. it sent my vibe out the window... after seeing my bud get arrested and dealing with all the self centered assholes, i just called it a night.

I absolutely love wanee.. its a bad ass festival... just not worth the time, stress, anxiety, and hastle anymore..especially if there's going to be such a huge risk of going to jail.

The threat is real my friends.... watch your back out there yall..

Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:33 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

dude, i camped with wingnut all week, at the whippoorwill pavilion. i was like his little buddy, haha. who are you?! i guarantee i met you, brother

Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:36 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Rivernole wrote:
:oops: :oops:
I resemble that remark.. :o

Me 3. I guess that's why we were so well matched!

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:22 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

trever721@gmail.com wrote:
anyways i met this bad ass dude who went by the nickname "Wingnut". he was a killer dude and was nothing but nice to me and all my friends.... well... late night Friday this year (2014) this hippie couple came up to him and started talking and chillin with him. ( a blonde chick with braided pig tails and a regular looking dude...) after kickin it for a short while, they asked if he had any mushys..and he gladly gave them some. just because that's how he was. he was a nice dude. as soon as they made the transaction. the cuffs went on... had to watch my buddy get taken away.... total entrapment and crookedness at its finest..

NO, its NOT entrapment. Its not crooked. If someone is such a DUMBASS as to hand over illegal drugs to people they just met.... on request....... they have done the rest of us an injustice.

:idea:
NOW law enforcement has even more examples of drug possession and distribution. This will make their funding greater and presence greater also.
:idea:

So, due to this DUMBASS (maybe a very nice guy, hard worker, good person etc etc) handing out drugs on request, to strangers, there is now a GREATER threat of getting busted. Law enforcement can only HOPE there are many more morons like that out there making their job easier.

THANKS DUMBASS.

trever721@gmail.com, if you also think your buddy was 'in the right' and 'trapped' or 'tricked', educate yourself. I am sorry Wanee was an awakening for you, but i will NOT be unhappy to see people like you and Wingnut not there. Your lack of common sense makes it a less free area for the rest of us.

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:07 am Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

Gee I guess I was at another festival called WANEE. I smoked opening 24/7 for the entire week. People were making transactions of alll kinds of Mother Nature without any police interaction. I heard of these undercover cops from frightend young people, but never saw any myself.

Too bad for the people who got arrested, I wonder what they were doing differently from the rest of us?

I and my Husband are handicapped and sit in chairs most of the music. I do not put my chairs up front, we wouldn't be able to get to them once the music started. Please do not judge all chairs alike. :shock:

WANEEWANEEWANEE

Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:58 am Profile
Wanee Fan

i was there when he got busted. i spent all week with him. i understand completely what you're saying. it was a stupid move on his part to take such actions with complete strangers. i do, however, feel like your words are a bit harsh. we're not talking about some guy that came in with a bunch of shrooms looking to make a profit. he had some for personal use, and he wanted to make someone else happy. he was an extremely giving fella he just wanted to see everyone have a good time. please don't talk so harshly of a kind hearted guy that was trying to take care of his fellow festival goers. like i said, yes it was dumb. but to come on here and call him names is really not fair to him. he made a stupid move and he got busted, and ya maybe he deserved it. but to talk ill of his character is really unbecoming. if you werent there and you don't know the people involved, you dont have a right to call him a dumbass. that being said, you seem like a good dude volkemon, and i hope we can continue a friendly relationship. :)

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:04 am Profile
 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next