Last visit was: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:56 pm It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:56 pm

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Arrests at Wanee 2014 (Ridiculous!!!!) 
Wanee Mushroom

Post Re: Arrests at Wanee 2014 (Ridiculous!!!!)
I agree sneake harsh words indeed unfortunately sometimes we need harsh words for us to realize how dumb our actions are and no matter how friendly with our fellow festival goers we want to be there are dangers to that and just handing out treats to anyone who ask is very dangerous unless you like jail. I love everyone at wanee but there are people present who don't love us back so we can't just trust everybody. For the ones who think these actions are entrapment it's not if they ask you for for drugs entrapment would be if they offered you drugs you said sure and then they bust you.

I also agree with a previous post I too followed the Dead in the early 90's and anytime they were in Atlanta ga you would have thought there was some major frig'n terrorist in town or something swat gear assault rifles the whole enchilada. So be happy it's just a few visible and some not so visible cops at wanee and if we are smart with our actions it will stay that way if not it will only get worse......Peace love and wanee

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:21 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I did state that the man may be a fine person. I said nothing of his character. I said
Volkemon wrote:
(maybe a very nice guy, hard worker, good person etc etc)
Nothing I know about him would say otherwise. He may be a fine upstanding member of the community, and a quality person to have as a neighbor.

The *only* thing I do know (admittedly from second hand knowledge) is that he offered total strangers illegal drugs when they asked. At a festival where there was an obvious police presence, and a known undercover presence. He may be a great guy, I may enjoy a beer with him. But he acted like a dumbass in this situation.

Maybe he was drunk. Maybe high. I have been a dumbass myself in both conditions. I am NOT coming down on this guy as a 'better than him' preacher. I will be quick to call myself a dumbass when it is warranted. Wont enjoy it, but i will face the facts. Hell, I pulled a dumbass move when drunk thursday night. Lucky for me it was on a personal level, not legal. (Well.. I was driving a cart also. THAT is a legal dumbass move on my part. ) I am still embarrassed, and learned. I am fortunate that my dumbass behavior did not result in a DUI and leaving the festival.

So, this guy has now increased the justification of the police to increase its presence. How? by being a nice, friendly dumbass.

Sorry if the word 'Dumbass' is so harsh to you. For me the meaning is 'someone who unthinkingly acts in a manner contrary to common sense' . If you all would be so kind as to provide a substitute word that doesnt offend, but conveys the same meaning, i will consider using it. But all in all, i feel you are having a knee jerk reaction to words, not ideas.

You tell me if " Gives undercover cop mushrooms upon request at music festival" fits on these lists:

http://newsfixnow.com/dumbass-of-the-day/

http://copclan.proboards.com/thread/160 ... -criminals

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:45 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Master

some of the nicest people I've known weren't the sharpest tools in the shed.....you've got to realize that this isn't Utopia and there are hazards to be avoided with "Common Sense"

Randy, I think yours is an apt description in this case... ;)

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:53 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Jensen B Gator wrote:
some of the nicest people I've known weren't the sharpest tools in the shed.....you've got to realize that this isn't Utopia and there are hazards to be avoided with "Common Sense"

Randy, I think yours is an apt description in this case... ;)

I have to agree.

Gettin' High
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJgtVFKQUb4

Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:47 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

All I know is I'd rather be a step behind the po po than a step ahead of them... :lol:

Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:13 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Every year there's a thread like this, common sense goes a long way to avoid these types of situations.

If you really think that Wanee is run by Nazis and attended by rednecks then please do us all a favor a stay away. :roll:

What do you mean, "caffeine isn't a vitamin"?

Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:17 pm Profile
Wanee Master

krom wrote:
Every year there's a thread like this, common sense goes a long way to avoid these types of situations.

If you really think that Wanee is run by Nazis and attended by rednecks then please do us all a favor a stay away. :roll:

Agreed :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:04 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Master

krom wrote:
If you really think that Wanee is run by Nazis and attended by rednecks

:oops: :oops: This redneck had a lot of fun at Wanee...

I do not do drugs and seldom drink and then not much. A friend and I were sitting in camp on Thursday...or Friday...don't remember which....A guy comes into our camp from beside the lake and not from the road (we were camped beside the Lake but this guy comes in from behind our tents....
He asked if we had any drugs and we said No....he then says something about having some LSD....my friend and I looked at each other and said "NO we are fine". He walks away. Myfriend says "Did you trust that guy"....and I said Not a bit.
Very unusual occurence.
We could have easily been in jail...if we had followed through with this "deal" and said yeah we have drugs and sold him some. Fortunately, we were not drug partiers.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:19 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Rivernole wrote:
krom wrote:
If you really think that Wanee is run by Nazis and attended by rednecks

:oops: :oops: This redneck had a lot of fun at Wanee...

I do not do drugs and seldom drink and then not much. A friend and I were sitting in camp on Thursday...or Friday...don't remember which....A guy comes into our camp from beside the lake and not from the road (we were camped beside the Lake but this guy comes in from behind our tents....
He asked if we had any drugs and we said No....he then says something about having some LSD....my friend and I looked at each other and said "NO we are fine". He walks away. Myfriend says "Did you trust that guy"....and I said Not a bit.
Very unusual occurence.
We could have easily been in jail...if we had followed through with this "deal" and said yeah we have drugs and sold him some. Fortunately, we were not drug partiers.

I've had this same thing happen just about every year and kindly tell them to F^#k off... ;)

Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:58 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

trever721@gmail.com wrote:
... Trish wasn't there all day Saturday and just appeared out of no where half way through the brothers set and tried to claim "her spot".. she got into a cat fight with a chick who wasn't taking her sh*t, and they both got yanked out.. the chicks husband was in aww.. he didnt know wtf just happened... he was pissed.. and all the sudden here comes Trish right back at it.. and the Bearded security guard just laughed it off like it was a game...

:lol:
I need video of this. I *live* for s#%t like that!!!

Life; and your reaction to it. Your reaction is a conscious choice, whether or not you consciously realize it. Someone else's bum trip / losing their cool, isn't yours, unless you volunteer to take it on. **shrug**

Which is not to say I swan around Wanee like the Dali Lama. I damn near got arrested at the top of the hill checkpoint cuz I'd used the portolets and (for a few moments anyways) refused to go the long way back thru checkpoint, cuz those portolets are located two feet past the exit sign. Acourse it was ?? 1am on Sat night, I was tired but still on my feet. And a kind fester watching me lose my s#%t w/ the security dude quite correctly pointed out that it wasn't worth it. "Live it or live with it"... it's so easy to forget. I was pissed, stayed that way for awhile, but in the end no harm no foul no arrest no trip to the ER, and thus: a win in my book. I came, I fested, I left. I have the stories to tell...

"No matter what, nobody can take away the dances you’ve already had." — Gabriel García Márquez

Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:09 am Profile
 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next