Last visit was: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:55 am It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:55 am

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Arrests at Wanee 2014 (Ridiculous!!!!) 
Wanee Master

Post Re: Arrests at Wanee 2014 (Ridiculous!!!!)
Lets lighten the mood :lol: :lol: :lol:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:29 am Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:35 am Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

I think Wingnut is exactly the kind of person that makes Wanee a special place. Someone who wants to trust strangers at a festival of earth loving kind people. Give what he has to help someone have a better time. If he had set up shop and was slingin , thats a different story. If he was anywhere but Wanee, probably a different story. I wasnt there but if what is posted here is true, then he wasnt a DUMBASS (in huge font) His kindness was taken advantage of by a blood sucking cop that is so good at their job they have to dress up like hippies cause they are soooo hard to bust. Thats the part I dont understand. Most of the people that go to festivals like this are the last of the last, they are easy to bust because they dont hide in yuppie clothing, they dont hide behind 40k cars, they are right out in the open, free, open arms and open doors. This $ machine wont allow it just like it didnt in the 60's. Its all the same story, just a different generation. Heres a challenge for those lazy cops: Get rid of molly, powder and meth. Spend those tax dollars where they are needed. Taking the easy road to get a few busts so they can cover the money spent on operation "bust kind hippies"...that's what is ridiculous.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:36 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Jbone wrote:
I think Wingnut is exactly the kind of person that makes Wanee a special place. Someone who wants to trust strangers at a festival of earth loving kind people. Give what he has to help someone have a better time.

Image OK, I guess I rest my case with this.

YES - Wingnut is probably a kind, caring person. He only wanted to spread the love and joy of Wanee. Giving freely of what he has to help another enjoy. All this I DO agree with. I have several times said that his character (and probably intent) were meant as a good thing.

It's not so much WHAT he did, just THE WAY HE DID IT. Without thought of consequence. Without common sense. Unknowingly hurting others trying to be kind to some.

I agree that it would be a GREAT world if we could all get along, and freely give and take what we need. Thats what WANEE is all about to me. I spent much of my time at Wanee giving rides to people. I built a cart just to do this!! Not for the money, I did not solicit tips.
I had a spare tent set up to lodge people that arrived late, or suffered a setback due to the rain.
People walking by our camp on river road were often called out to- "" Hungry?? We have FREE FOOD!!"" we had LOTS of food. They would come and eat. We had smoked chix, pork, fried fish... WAY more than we could eat. It was to share.
We shared our alcohol freely. We had lots of that also. :)

But IF we had had any illegal substances in camp, it would be foolish to share them except in cases we had **POSITIVE** knowledge of who we were sharing with. Some would call this common sense. Why? Well, if things went wrong, we at the camp would pay the price, and later others would also. How? The more busts the police make, the more budget they get next year to try again. They find that undercover officers work well... so they put MORE on staff for Wanee. Now, due to the act of one individual, MANY people may stand a better chance of being busted next year due to increased enforcement.

Imagine the talk in the Detective room... "" I tell ya Jim, these folks are so dumb, all you need to do is talk with them for a bit and they will freely tell you they have drugs!!"" What do you think their reaction will be for next year? MORE undercover... MORE trying to take advantage of the Spirit of Wanee.

So please, THINK. I am not some cop loving a**hole who wants people busted. I am neither a cop hater. I DO think Wingnut was acting with the best of intentions - make someone elses Wanee 'better'. I cant say if he is a 'good or bad' person, I dont know him. I have only seen one picture of him. I will bet he is regretting his actions now, and in hindsight would not do the same thing again. If he is an intelligent man, I bet he would even say he might have been less than smart in what he did. Lawyer's fees, fines and a record are GREAT teachers. I know. I have had experiences very similar to Wingnut's future should prosecution proceed. Probably much greater in scope. It landed me in jail for 15 days and cost me $5K in legal fees, $2500 in cash , my business and a car. If it were not for a few good technicalities, I would have state and federal felonies for interstate trafficking, distribution, etc. I would still be in jail, as I had two state counts that were 10YR minimum, and feds waiting as soon as the state was done with me.
I was ***VERY*** lucky from lax state lawmakers not updating scheduled drug lists and an inexperienced officer not charging me completely. Still made it so I could not go to one area of the country for 8 years. No seeing friends I grew up with. No seeing family there. I feel the loss financially to this day. I was just trying to share the love at a large gathering...like Wingnut. I know of what I speak. I was the dumbass then. I was very lucky. VERY lucky.

Sorry if you all got hung up on the word Dumbass, and that seems to be the main point of irritation. I call them as I see them, and if y'all read what i wrote, you will find I am quick to say I TOO HAVE BEEN A DUMBASS. Thats how I learned. Getting all personal about a word will keep you stuck where you are, not seeing the forest for the trees. And your ignorant misplaced 'kindness' will slowly choke away the freedom and open environment that we go to Wanee for.

So when Wanee is another place that no one dares trust another for fear of the law, you can thank yourselves for short sighted actions. You were JUST trying to be nice...

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. That is a phrase prolly older than any of us posting here. It applies.

And this is my last word on it. Those that dont get it, wont. Wingnut, if you ever get to read this, PM me. we will share a drink and compare notes.

Peace. Image

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:06 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

Dartdog82 wrote:
Lets lighten the mood :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol

Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:45 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Volkeman dude I Dont how many different ways you can put it and make people understand your point I personally thought they have all been spot on but if they Dont get it now then your rite they never will.....police presence at wanee is nothing compared to other shows alone I have been to in the past ......you are also correct that the more bust they make with the pig-in-a-blankets aka. undercovers the more they will use them and it is up to us to be smarter than the cops and not fall for there tricks.

So I guess the moral of this story should be you just can't share everything with everyone all of the time (well unless you like jail I guess).

Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:18 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

So these cops were going camp to camp asking everyone and anyone if they had drugs? I think not. These cops just happened to guess the exact kind of illegal substance he was holding? I think not. What you fail to realize is that they had been watching him, probably for awhile, and probably already had everything they needed. He may not have been doing anything at that moment, but it was too late. There were events leading to this. By the time they rolled up they had what they needed. He just made it easier.

It is carelessness like this that is going to bring on more and more police presence. I believe that is the justification for name calling.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:27 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

I saw two 'busts'. First was Thursday night (oh hell, who can keep track of time out there?) on the road in front of the Mushroom stage, in front of the porta-potties. Basically, plain sight. I see a cop yell 'HEY!' and point, so I look behind me. Two 20-something dudes with wide eyes are exchanging something in their hands. He gets up on them, tells them to empty their pockets, and a glass pipe falls out. I didn't sit and see what happened after that. Whatever the hell they were exchanging might not have even been illegal. But whatever had been in that glass pipe probably had been.

Second was when we were walking in that cut-thru path to the stables by the dock. Two cops with black short-sleeved polo shirts with badge-patches slipped behind some tarps at a campsite and hassled someone. I don't know if that counts as a bust since I don't know what happened, but it looked like it counts as a hassle.

Volkeman, you and I are hooking up for a drink next year....

Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:08 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Chet, just wanted to let you know how much fun I had with you! You were always there with a smile and helping hand. Thank you Brother!
:D

Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:45 am Profile
Wanee Lover

They seem to hang around the lake area.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:43 pm Profile
 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next