Last visit was: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:52 pm It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:52 pm

[ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 MagFest Early Bird Tickets 
Wanee Fan

Post Re: MagFest Early Bird Tickets
Got an email bright & early this morning that the 2nd EZPay was charged to my credit card. So I've now paid for 2/3 of my tix to MysteryFest. Errrr MagFest, whatever they're calling it.

Fri May 30, 2014 4:12 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

nickyler wrote:
I have bought tickets to Mag already so I am going, but I am trying to talk some friends into going and its hard when their first question is "Who's Playing?". All of the rumors that SeaPA told me about sound good, but I am ready for a headliner. Mag has done a grate job the last few years. I want to know who is going while the tix are still cheap.

Same story here. A ticket price increase is coming up on 6/21. The promoters have posted repeatedly on FB that the initial lineup is coming, and several self-promised dates for that have passed already. It's unusual for this festy, and it kind of pisses me off. If they don't have an initial lineup, they really have no justification to bump the price in three weeks.

The only thing anyone 'knows' (besides the Lee Boys as noted above, confirmed from Pollstar) is that they said there are hints on the Mag FB page. Which so far means Donna (of course), and maybe Keller Williams.

When I was at Delfest, the rumor, extensively and commonly repeated, was Bela Fleck & The Flecktones. And while a check of Bela's websites shows the Mag dates open, there are NO listings for Flecktones, anywhere. I think it's BS. Bela may show with his wife Abagail (and their son!); they were at Delfest, and they travel light. But the Flecktones aren't a touring entity the second half of 2014.

Somewhere on FB last night, I saw an announcement for an event in ?? StPete, that will have the Dirty Dozen, and Marcia Ball. These would make great adds to this year's Mag, and if anyone was at the 10th Mag when the Dozen played, that one was definitely one of the better Magfests ever put on...

As ever... the waiting is the hardest part...

Fri May 30, 2014 4:17 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Bob, the other event that announced in the last day or two is the Clearwater Jazz Festival; it's the same weekend. Dirty Dozen, Marcia Ball, Dr John, Earth Wind & Fire, Spyro Gyra.

It's been the same weekend as Mag the last couple of years; iirc there have been a few acts both years that played at both (I know Bonnie Raitt did 2 years ago, & I think at least one or two did so last year).

Fri May 30, 2014 4:55 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Love MagFest but I do need a justification to go to 2 Fall fests this year and a repeat of last years old foggie tour won't do it for me.

Bear Creek's got a great line up set come on Mag it's your turn. 8-)

Fri May 30, 2014 10:00 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

As soon as Panic fall tour goes on sale, i will need to know who is playing this. There are some pretty easy runs i could make a week or 2 before magfest, and i love the Panics...

Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:33 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

SeaPA wrote:
Bob, the other event that announced in the last day or two is the Clearwater Jazz Festival; it's the same weekend. Dirty Dozen, Marcia Ball, Dr John, Earth Wind & Fire, Spyro Gyra.

It's been the same weekend as Mag the last couple of years; iirc there have been a few acts both years that played at both (I know Bonnie Raitt did 2 years ago, & I think at least one or two did so last year).

Thank you SeaP. That's the one! :)

FWIW, we saw Earth Wind & Fire a couple years ago at Sunfest and they were great. If you're of a certain age :? they are well worth a trip down the ol' memory lane.

Not saying I want to see them booked for MagFest though! But I'll take the Dozen, Marcia, and the Doctor... any and/or all! :D

Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:46 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

indigo girls will be a good add on :)

Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:08 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

whole lot of love wrote:
indigo girls will be a good add on :)

This was extremely underwhelming to me.

SC>FLA>ALA>ATL Panic is looking more and more likely.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:44 am Profile
Wanee Lover

scotydog826 wrote:

SC>FLA>ALA>ATL Panic is looking more and more likely.

Meh...wouldn't be MY choice. Of course, I'll have a potentially cranky 3 yr old (...and 6 yr old...and 9 yr old), so a headliner I don't care about might be just as well. ;)

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

...But the fighter still remains.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:16 am Profile
Wanee Lover

HOMETEAM

but this run lines up perfect for me. 2 nights in chuck town with friends, 1 night in st auggie so ill need hotel. come back home and spend 2 nights before going to montgomery>huntsville. Then The rowdy ATL show on a sat with everyone i know.

Its all before Magfest so that >Mag would be sweet action

Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:31 pm Profile
 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next