Last visit was: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:32 am It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:32 am

[ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 MagFest Early Bird Tickets 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: MagFest Early Bird Tickets
scotydog826 wrote:
whole lot of love wrote:
indigo girls will be a good add on :)

This was extremely underwhelming to me.

Yeah, the Indigos aren't really my thing either. They are good at what they do but I'm just not a big fan. Saw them in December: pleasant is a good word for their show.

So far I think we have:
Donna the Buffalo
Lee Boys
Keller
Bela & Abigail
Indigo Grrls

Imma say this: they better get someone like the Dozen and/or Marcia Ball to liven this mess up. Otherwise it's gonna be the folkiest MagFest since... uhhh.. since ... 2013's octegenarian extravaganza :?

:lol:

What the hell, more time by the fire with my buds. It beats w&rkin' 8-)

Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:06 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

dr john thats something i can chew on

Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:48 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Since Luther wasn't at Wanee i am hoping for some sort of Luther/NMA action. I would also like to see someone like Leftover Salmon but they were at Hulaween last yr so i am not sure what their plans would be.

DBT and RRE from last yr are welcome back as well. Stringdusters would be good too. Anders Osborne, JJ, Jason Isbell as well. Dark Star or something would just be awesome but i never see something like that happening.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:00 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Scoty, I can see you're in your right mind.

I keep wondering WHEN someone is going to hook up Dark Star Orchestra for SOSMP. They are perfect for MagFest. I cannot recall when last (ever??) they have played there.

DSO does an annual run through FL in Feb, and I can usually only make one show cuz I'm doing Grassroots fest in Virginia Key with Donna & co. I don't know why those folks don't slot them in for VaKey. But that's a whole other story, and I've got an entire laundry list of complaints about how they have been doing things there...

But it wouldn't be too much to have them swing through FL four months earlier?? Would it?? :?

--------

Anders Osborne, JJ, Jason Isbell, and Luther were all at SpringFest. I love them all, but I don't think they will be first to be considered for MagFest. Salmon is basically Cheese family, so I think we can expect them to be tied to Hulaween for another couple years. RRE (my favorite) and the Stringdusters are always welcome.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:58 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

whole lot of love wrote:
dr john thats something i can chew on

We were watching the Gregg tribute the other day and Zaven is OBSESSED with Dr John now. He IS pretty cool....and I bet he's even cooler if you're a 6 yr old boy....

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

...But the fighter still remains.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:06 am Profile
Wanee Master

Was thinking of ordering my Mag tickets...but sure would like to know who is gonna be there first. :shock:

Guess it will be like Wanee and offer up a schedule during the event... :roll:

Do we KNOW of anyone committed as of now???

Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:53 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

The Lee Boys and Donna the Buffalo.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:58 am Profile
Wanee Master

they seriously need to get their sh!t together and give us a damn lineup... 8-)

Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:45 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Yeah I know its still a ways away, but Its not like Wanee where you know who 5 of the bands will be, and the rest is just icing. This has me worried, because they are now in competition with Hulaween, so a late lineup makes me think they cant compete, and will wait until after earlybird prices go away to announce.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:57 am Profile
Wanee Lover

beach bob wrote:
Scoty, I can see you're in your right mind.

I keep wondering WHEN someone is going to hook up Dark Star Orchestra for SOSMP. They are perfect for MagFest. I cannot recall when last (ever??) they have played there.

DSO does an annual run through FL in Feb, and I can usually only make one show cuz I'm doing Grassroots fest in Virginia Key with Donna & co. I don't know why those folks don't slot them in for VaKey. But that's a whole other story, and I've got an entire laundry list of complaints about how they have been doing things there...

But it wouldn't be too much to have them swing through FL four months earlier?? Would it?? :?

--------

Anders Osborne, JJ, Jason Isbell, and Luther were all at SpringFest. I love them all, but I don't think they will be first to be considered for MagFest. Salmon is basically Cheese family, so I think we can expect them to be tied to Hulaween for another couple years. RRE (my favorite) and the Stringdusters are always welcome.

I have been waiting on DSO to play Wanee or something for a while. I have seen them several times in ATL and always had a great time.

i didn't realize all of those were at springfest :( the same thing happens to my boys in Greensky Bluegrass. always at springfest

Old Crow???

Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:14 pm Profile
 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next