Last visit was: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:26 am It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:26 am

[ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Grandma Cracker and Jeredog in the ATL! 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Grandma Cracker and Jeredog in the ATL!
Hugs for Grandma Cracker and Jeredog, feel better soon Jerry!

Sat May 31, 2014 8:51 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

:( So bummed.

But there will be other stopover-dinner-slumber parties!

Healing vibes Jere!!!! Lovey Vibes to both of you!!

I tell you one thing; you tell me another. We walk away, maybe then shake hands...

Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:08 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Thanks one and all for the kind thoughts, but he needed to get back home, and is now looking at the big surgery that will have him sidelined for several months beginning in July. Unless of course it turns out like the last surgery that recuperation was to be 3 to 5 days in a hospital and took 50 days. So compared to that figure...do a little math if 3 to 5 equals 50, what does 7 - 14 equal...anybody .... Bueller, Bueller.....TYS....

Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:59 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

using a loosely based ratio I came up with an answer that scares me....137.5 days...............that sucks :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:02 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

:o :shock: :? :cry: :|

Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:33 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

grandmacracker wrote:
using a loosely based ratio I came up with an answer that scares me....137.5 days...............that sucks :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

No.

An easy ratio, it's 10 times the top estimate ~ 5 to 50, 14 to 140. But that's in single variable thinking. There are other variables.

A hospital stay / convalescence happens in several stages, each can vary significantly in duration. Entry, stabilization, treatment, recovery and release. Each may take a different amount of time. So '10 Times as long ' wont work, as ALL the stages wont be that much longer.

Please don't dwell on the negative, no good can come of it. Your thoughts will dictate your actions... and to operate with such a cloud above you will certainly affect your thoughts!

Have faith and believe in the better. To have such an attitude with a problem such as this can only have good effects. You will feel better about today and tomorrows. Those around you will certainly benefit. Those that are caring for the one you love will also be affected by your positive attitude. IMO, the greatest possible contribution in this scenario is strong faith in the better.

His Holiness The Dalai Lama wrote:

With increased inner strength it is possible to develop firm determination, and with determination there is a greater chance of success, no matter what obstacles there may be. On the other hand, if you feel doubt and hesitation, fear and lack of self confidence, then often you will develop a pessimistic attitude. I consider that to be the root cause of failure.

Things will be better.

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:12 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

Thanks for the gentle prod Volkemon, but since August 2012...positive thoughts keep getting me into trouble. He will feel better, we will make plans and then take a bath on tickets, plane fare and so on. I am finding my self in a more objective role, since so many doctors opinions turned out to be just that, not valid diagnosis, just opinions. The last round of "you'll get better just wait" nearly did him in. We opted for a 3 to 5 day recovery period and boy did we get bamboozled, right along with the insurance company...good thing we have great insurance. I would love to be the happy, joyful, positive person that you describe, I make no excuse as to why I'm not, it's a really long journey without a definite outcome. Perhaps that is why I get so bothered, I like to be able to trust an outcome as described in the brochure. That never seems to be the case. But again, I will try to be positive, and hopefully Mr. Gloomy will put a smile on his face as well once in a while.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:11 am Profile
Wanee Master

Stay positive GMC. When you get frustrated, blow off steam and come back to your usual self. Friends and family standing by to support you. Unfortunately, medicine is not an exact science. Bodies aren't like cars where you can just replace a part and everything goes without a hitch. I will continue to pray for Jerry's return to good health and peace of mind for you.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:18 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Wanee Love

Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:50 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Keep the faith Cracker, prayers for Jerry and you...

Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:22 am Profile
 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2