Last visit was: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:27 am It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:27 am

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 MagFest was excellent 
Wanee Fan

Post MagFest was excellent
Weather was stunningly fantastic, no clouds anywhere, cool temps (a bit hot in the sun during the afternoons, but tolerably so); cool enough at night to enjoy the campfire.

Music was awesome, so many excellent bands.

Beer choices inside the walls was solid. Food was excellent.

Anyone know why the set things up differently in the Meadow this year? Stage was set up in a different direction, over near the trees, opposite the VIP area such that it was directly facing the VIPs. On the bright side, with that setup there wasn't as much clash during times when multiple stages were being used; on the downside, it shrinks the area directly in front of the stage greatly.

Also thought it odd that they basically shut down that stage very early every night, last show on that stage ended early evening both Friday and Saturday. But then, the plus side of that was that the nighttime shows were in the amphitheatre.

Only negative to me was the massive number of lawnchairs that clogged the area in front of the stage. I'm ok with people bringing them, but wish they'd block off an area in front of the stage where they were not allowed.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:02 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Post Re: MagFest was excellent
I am a chair man. My knees like it when I sit. But I will never understand chairs up front.

(confession: I did try it once at the Amphitheatre years ago and discovered my error.)

I guess what you have to remember is that those people are more important than you are.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:29 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Oh, I bring/use a chair too (or just end up sitting on the ground). But not 15 feet out from center stage. In the amphitheater I'll plop down 1/4 of the way up the hill; in the meadow I'm back from the stage far enough to where I can see over the folks who want to dance, or stand, up near the stage.

You're right that I need to better remember that I'm not nearly as important as other people.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:26 pm Profile
Wanee Master

SeaPA wrote:
Oh, I bring/use a chair too (or just end up sitting on the ground). But not 15 feet out from center stage. In the amphitheater I'll plop down 1/4 of the way up the hill; in the meadow I'm back from the stage far enough to where I can see over the folks who want to dance, or stand, up near the stage.

You're right that I need to better remember that I'm not nearly as important as other people.

It reminds me of all the fire chiefs (well, they MUST be!) who park in the tow-away zone at the store.

And, based on my observation AND the fact that I'm going to burn in hell, I will point out that most of the fire chiefs could USE THE EXERCISE!

Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:50 pm Profile
Wanee Master

HEY< WAIT A MINUTE.....
I resemble that remark....!

Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:06 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Rivernole wrote:
HEY< WAIT A MINUTE.....
I resemble that remark....!

mAYBE. mAYBE NOT.

bUT you DON'T PARK IN THE FIRE LANE!

Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:15 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

magfest was fun and the music and the weather were hard to top. thursday night march 4th really put on a great show.. the mushroom stage turned into a circus event with great funky music. those guys were awesome. just say beautiful women pole dancing horns blasting it was all good. friday i got to see the wailers for the first time. if you left you chair on the pit that late night it was pummeled by a mess of hard-core reggie fans. rack up another great show on that stage. dr john? hes immortal. they put his piano right up front light show and he was so good. i could not believe i was listening to dr john hes alive. i also sat for terrance simion and marcia ball. both shows were really good. marcia has really long fingers killing it at her piano . i also stood for keller jam set with his funk masters. i liked it. our friends like him playing with the mccoureys better and i agree. saturday lyle lovet a pro he looked and sounded good on that mushroom stage. i never got up and danced for his set but his music is mesmerizing. i also sat for those indigo girls big fan now. earlier that day i also listened to the col.s set and tim reynolds set. the col.s new guitarist is great what a band. tim reynold hes tiny. ripping the guitar. the double barreled guitar was almost as big as tim. that guy is gifted . only if he had a good singer. just teasing so thurs frid and sat wow. sunday was more a traditional magfest nevertheless the lee boys and donna buffalo put on great shows. worn out next up spring? wanne 2015.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:41 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Sounds like a good time had... 'cept for the chairs. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:11 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

i had a great time as well. enjoyed the noticeably smaller crowd compared to previous few years. anders osbourne sat night doing 'cowgirl in the sand' was steller.

I'm still pissed about someone stealing my 'Brooklyn Brewery' banner. Must be a newbie. If you see it at a future fest take it back for me. I'll pick it up at springfest.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:01 pm Profile
Wanee Master

fozy72 wrote:
I'm still pissed about someone stealing my 'Brooklyn Brewery' banner. Must be a newbie. If you see it at a future fest take it back for me. I'll pick it up at springfest.

This makes me sad. I hate the thought that you can't display your stuff without someone walking off with it. Booooooo!

Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:00 am Profile
 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next