Last visit was: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:41 am It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:41 am

[ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Magfest??? BrrrCreek??? Both??? Neither??? 
Wanee Master

Post Magfest??? BrrrCreek??? Both??? Neither???
BOS/SOS

Which fest are you going to? Or both?

Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:56 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Magfest??? BrrrCreek??? Both??? Neither???
Mag for sure. We go every year. Big family event. I already bought tickets at Springfest. I would like to check out Brrr Creek though. I've never been. The obvious reason is the time frame. Then there's the Hulaween angle too. If I can pull off two fests, is bear creek going to be one of them?

Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:24 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Well...we have a site for Mag....so I guess we'll probably go. I'm sort of hoping that they have music by then..... :?

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

...But the fighter still remains.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:36 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

frenchiejess wrote:
Well...we have a site for Mag....so I guess we'll probably go. I'm sort of hoping that they have music by then..... :?

If not, screw it, I will make my own.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:40 am Profile
Wanee Master

I'm hoping for both...depends on the line up for Mag...hopefully it's more like 2012 than 2013

Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:07 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Jensen B Gator wrote:
I'm hoping for both...depends on the line up for Mag...hopefully it's more like 2012 than 2013

Prine was fantastic. Kris was great in his time slot, Amphitheater at sundown. Willie was Willie. Take it or leave it. I thought all were good. The issue I think was all three together sort of changed the dynamic if the whole thing. Bonnie Raitt was incredible. What a voice. Emmyhair Lewis was the best nap I got in awhile. CRB really tore it up. I cought only the end. Both good years.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:47 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Bear Creek. Already bought tix.

Love the funk n disco, its in mid November which (usually...) is much cooler and less storm chances than mid October.

Now knowing Magfest a 'family' event (as stated by Nickyler) makes me like Bear Creek even more. I dont mind children, (Heck, I LOVE kids... :lol: ) but NOT where I am trying to unwind and have fun. I am pleased to hear there are festivals that DO cater to families.

Not to mention that between Wanee and Bear Creek ( And prolly OBJ again...) my entire vacation allotment is used each year. :? So many more fests are not in the cards anyway.

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:07 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

We won't be at either, one Florida trip a year is about all we can do and that has to be Wanee.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:09 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Volkemon wrote:
Now knowing Magfest a 'family' event (as stated by Nickyler) makes me like Bear Creek even more. I dont mind children, (Heck, I LOVE kids... :lol: ) but NOT where I am trying to unwind and have fun. I am pleased to hear there are festivals that DO cater to families.

FWIW- Zaven was super bummed that you weren't at SOSMP a couple weekends ago for the Music Camp. He thinks you're the COOLEST (and you always show up with cookies) ;)
I told him that Family Music Camp wasn't really your scene....Jason followed it up with "Yeah...he hates children." :twisted: :lol:

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

...But the fighter still remains.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:03 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Hulaween! The rest is up for grabs... Probably Bear Creek.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:21 pm Profile
 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next