Last visit was: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:53 am It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:53 am

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Blackwater..... 
Wanee Lover

Post Blackwater.....
Who here is going?

I'm on the fence right now....a lot of plusses and minuses....I think it'll come down to who I know who will be there....

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

...But the fighter still remains.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:28 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Blackwater.....
Odd lineup, from what it started as. This is the same event that had Mofro and Los Lobos one year??

I won't be there... not that you were counting on me :P

That said, if anyone here is going, DO NOT MISS Fishbone! They are still completely badass!

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:04 am Profile
Wanee Lover

beach bob wrote:
Odd lineup, from what it started as. This is the same event that had Mofro and Los Lobos one year??

I won't be there... not that you were counting on me :P

That said, if anyone here is going, DO NOT MISS Fishbone! They are still completely badass!

Spot on brother bob!

Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:48 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Spirit of Suwannee is arguably my favorite place on earth but there is no way I would even consider this fest for two reasons:

1) I honestly cant imagine a festival in FL in mid-late August, the heat and humidity is going to be insufferable.

2) That lineup has absolutely zero appeal to me; there is literally not one band on that lineup that I could say I would be looking forward to seeing. (ok I take that back I like the Revivalists, but they are literally the ONLY band Id want to see)

To each their own, but everything about this scream 'huge miss' to me.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:42 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

i would move blackwater a month later last week in sept in north florida can be really nice. i like the lineup

Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:07 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

I am considering going, but am waiting for friends to answer so I have buddies to camp with. However, as previously stated... the weather will likely be BRUTAL. It'll either be a wet mess, or a hot mess, or a wet, hot mess. Drink lots. And drink lots of water, too. Thank the gods I have a battery-operated fan.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:38 am Profile
Wanee Master

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
Spirit of Suwannee is arguably my favorite place on earth but there is no way I would even consider this fest for two reasons:

1) I honestly cant imagine a festival in FL in mid-late August, the heat and humidity is going to be insufferable.

2) That lineup has absolutely zero appeal to me; there is literally not one band on that lineup that I could say I would be looking forward to seeing. (ok I take that back I like the Revivalists, but they are literally the ONLY band Id want to see)

To each their own, but everything about this scream 'huge miss' to me.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:46 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

friend texted me last night nice crowds. they even set up a stage was set up by the beach easy all star on thur& friday stephan marley acoustic set & and they were having a great saturday getting ready for a steel pulse set.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:56 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

facecrack...https://www.facebook.com/musicliveshere ... =1&theater

Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:09 am Profile
Wanee Master

Brandi's been posting lots of pix. Looks like a very good time.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:56 am Profile
 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next