Last visit was: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:29 am It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:29 am

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Celebrating the Songs & Music of Lynyrd Skynyrd 
Wanee Master

Post Re: Celebrating the Songs & Music of Lynyrd Skynyrd
The only problem I had with Skynyrd at Wanee was Johnny calling it Suwanee ;)

Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:10 am Profile
Wanee Fan

beach bob wrote:
I passed on Skynyrd this past Wanee (stayed at the Mushroom stage), but my boy checked 'em out. He had fun laughing at some of the more hardcore LS fans :-)

Jason Isbell doing Simple Man. That would KILL.

skynyrd killed it at wanee and there were more fans to watch them then many of the other bands , and no fights or destruction like you guys were so sure skynyrd fans would do. so back up and enjoy life and music and don't judge

Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:22 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

howdog wrote:
...and no fights or destruction like you guys were so sure skynyrd fans would do. so back up and enjoy life and music and don't judge

Um, yeah: assuming facts not in evidence. :roll:

I know damn well *I* never predicted fights, and I read about 98% of the stuff on this board and I really cannot recall anyone else saying that would happen.

My (relatively minor) beefs with current day Skynyrd are here for folks to read. It's not inflammatory... it's (IMO) valid criticism. FWIW, I have seen recent versions of LS, and I have enjoyed them.

I *do* judge, all the time. It's called having a preference, and everyone has them. That's why you don't find a sea of hippies at a Katy Perry show: they discerned they would better enjoy Peach Fest / Gathering of the Vibes / Bonnaroo, than a bubblegum pop diva extravaganza.

Sheesh.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:31 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

beach bob wrote:
howdog wrote:
...and no fights or destruction like you guys were so sure skynyrd fans would do. so back up and enjoy life and music and don't judge

Um, yeah: assuming facts not in evidence. :roll:

I know damn well *I* never predicted fights, and I read about 98% of the stuff on this board and I really cannot recall anyone else saying that would happen.

My (relatively minor) beefs with current day Skynyrd are here for folks to read. It's not inflammatory... it's (IMO) valid criticism. FWIW, I have seen recent versions of LS, and I have enjoyed them.

I *do* judge, all the time. It's called having a preference, and everyone has them. That's why you don't find a sea of hippies at a Katy Perry show: they discerned they would better enjoy Peach Fest / Gathering of the Vibes / Bonnaroo, than a bubblegum pop diva extravaganza.

Sheesh.

no worries . my post sounded worse then I meant it to be, I was just wanting to say everyone has there own taste and views but we don't need to stereotype anyone from the music they like, didn't mean to sound harsh in anyway WANEEEEEEEE!

Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:56 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

If you ain't seen living stereotypes, you ain't been to Wanee :D

People watching is part of the fun for me. Seeing all kinds of folks letting loose and having a ball... that is all part of it.

It's all good, and I agree: NO WORRIES! 8-)

Cheers to my Wanee mates. We made it past Hump Day. On the downhill side now... :mrgreen:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:26 am Profile
 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3