Last visit was: Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:26 am It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:26 am

[ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Send Jason's Family Some Love...... 
Wanee Lover

Post Send Jason's Family Some Love......
If you get a chance, please send Jason and his family some love and good thoughts today.

Jason's grandmother, Cathleen Jennings, died yesterday. She'd lived with Jason's parents for the last 18 years, and Jason absolutely worshiped her. Grandparents aren't supposed to play favorites, but I'm pretty sure he was her favorite too.....and she loved the hell out of our kids.

She was a neat lady. Quiet and unassuming....until you showed an interest in her life. Then she'd tell you about being shot at by her mother's boss/lover when she was 16, marrying one of her father's friends at 19 (and being madly in love with him until the day he died) and manufacturing circuit boards for IBM in the late '70's. She gave Jason the money to buy my engagement ring because she wanted his grandfather to know that we were getting married before he died. She also helped him buy a motorcycle (and trusted him enough to let him give her a ride).

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

...But the fighter still remains.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:15 am Profile
Wanee Master

Post Re: Send Jason's Family Some Love......
Awesome picture and obviously an awesome person.
RIP Granny....you will be remembered by a sweet family.
Sorry for your loss....will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:37 am Profile
Wanee Fan

That picture is entirely awesome; sounds & seems like a very cool lady.

My condolences.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:42 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Thank you.

Cool story about this picture.....
Jason had a really hard time leaving to go out to sea two weeks ago because he knew he'd be gone for a month, and that his Gram would most likely be gone by the time he came home. The day after he left, he texted and asked me to find that picture. I TORE MY HOUSE APART looking for it for two weeks....and COULD NOT FIND IT. As Gram was getting weaker, I was getting more panicked. I wanted so badly for Jason to have that picture before she was gone.

On Saturday, I was looking again....so frustrated....and Amelia, out of the blue, jumped up and said "I KNOW WHERE IT IS!!!". She's always been a photo hoarder and will grab random photos that she likes to put in her photo album. So, in her album, was this photo...and several other great pictures of Gram at various points in her life.

And the next morning.....she was gone.

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

...But the fighter still remains.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:48 am Profile
Wanee Master

Sending you, Jason and your family lots of love. I hope your grandma is kicking up her heels on a cloud with the love of her life. I hope Jason smiles when he looks at pictures like these. The joy in them remains even through the tears.

Last edited by AndieBee on Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:55 am Profile
Wanee Master

So sorry to hear this, I will send him a message on FaceBook also

Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:51 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Love sent!

Everyday I love this family of ours more and more, and this story and that photo are examples why!

My condolences to Jason and family. I miss my grandparents ALOT, but fortunately they're in my dreams often, so are not entirely gone. Grandpa and I still fish often :)

Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:18 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Love and good vibes to Jason and his family :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:31 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

So sorry for your loss.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:17 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Jason, so sorry for your loss buddy. I know what you are going though. I had two losses within four days a couple of months ago. She is in a fantastic place now and will be with you for a really long time.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:12 am Profile
 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next