Last visit was: Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:23 pm It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:23 pm

[ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Anouncement of an announcement of an announcement coming? 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Anouncement of an announcement of an announcement coming
Jensen B Gator wrote:
I could see Gregg and his Band, TTB and Govt Mule.....Saturday Night close out Allstar Jam

That would be exceedingly disappointing an essentially a festival with one 1 (and questionable at that) headliner.

Dont get me wrong they all could be there, in fact I hope they all are. But if those are the three headliners, wow. Thats a 10k attendees festival tops, and most of those people would be there mainly because of the Wanee tradition as opposed to the draw of the musical acts.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:53 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

beach bob wrote:
Panic, as others have pointed out, are a logical choice as 'anchor' headlining band for Wanee going forward. They are popular, and going forward will bring a bunch of admits. Which is surely a (if not *the*) major consideration for the Live Nation people. A recognizable name sitting at the top of the bill: it's a pretty necessary thing for a big festival. You not only have to grab hardcore music fans, you have to also get people that recognize only 2-3 of the names on the poster.

For those Panic fans here, I am wondering how many festivals they already anchor? Cuz if they currently anchor a couple big festys, I'm not so sure it makes sense for them to 'host' another.

I'm asking, cuz I don't know. :?: :?: :?:

Panic is the obvious answer, and if I were a beating man Id bet my house on them taking over as the annual Wanee festie headliners. For the record, I would be 100% OK with that.

In terms of their other fests, Im not a huge Spreadhead so Im sure others could answer more accurately than me. But, although the play (and headline) a bunch of festivals, none are really their own in which they consistently headline year after year with the exception of Panic en la Playa which is there Caribean/mexico fest which is different.

I honestly cant see any other band talking over as the yearly headliner. Mule and TTB will be there, sure, but they arent the big festival draws that are needed to headline a festival of this size. And no one else fits the bill: Phish-too big, dont need to; Cheese-already have a SoS fest; Further-dont think they'll commit to a several year headlinig gig; moe. and umphrey's-not big enough to fill the role.

It could certainly be possible that Phil and Friends, or maybe even Further, takes on a headlining role for this year alone. But Wanee has developed a tradition of consistency and a certain model in which LN runs this fest, so my money's on the unveiling of Panic as the torch bearers.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:05 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

In my humble opinion wanee could remain huge and great with the usual crew TTB,MULE,DUMPSTAFUNK EXT...with maybe someone like tom petty , neil young,little feat ,black crowes headlining a night or 2 , don,t get me wrong I am still hoping for ABB but if not there are some really good folks that would be great... and bring blackberry smoke back :)

Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:26 pm Profile
Wanee Master

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
Jensen B Gator wrote:
I could see Gregg and his Band, TTB and Govt Mule.....Saturday Night close out Allstar Jam

That would be exceedingly disappointing an essentially a festival with one 1 (and questionable at that) headliner.

Dont get me wrong they all could be there, in fact I hope they all are. But if those are the three headliners, wow. Thats a 10k attendees festival tops, and most of those people would be there mainly because of the Wanee tradition as opposed to the draw of the musical acts.

I didn't mention that I thought a Friday night Headliner to also be there like a Tom Petty, ZZ Top, WSP, etc

Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:33 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

howdog wrote:
I thought I heard somewhere that ABB were going to play again but only at there 3 festivals , WANEE ,PEACH AND MOUNTAIN ? maybe I am wrong but hope not :)

Wanee and Peach are both ABB fests but I believe MJ was started by Warren.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:34 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Jensen B Gator wrote:
handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
Jensen B Gator wrote:

I didn't mention that I thought a Friday night Headliner to also be there like a Tom Petty, ZZ Top, WSP, etc

Yeah I misread your post initially when I commented. My bad. That would be cool and Id be down with that. For some reason when I first read your message I thought you meant those would be the three headlining acts of the festival. You clearly never said that, not sure why I thought that. I think alcohol was involved haha

Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:34 pm Profile
Wanee Master

as long as I'm with my beloved friends and family it will be good.....and yes alcohol will be there :D

Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:09 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Jensen B Gator wrote:
as long as I'm with my beloved friends and family it will be good.....and yes alcohol will be there :D

I concur!

Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:41 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Ordering my tickets right now!!!
I'll be there whether any music or not......as long as the family is there.
It can be our own Family Reunion..... :D
and if necessary, I'll even sing..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
(that'll turn 'em away)....

Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:10 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Jensen B Gator wrote:

I like that idea.....a lot.

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

...But the fighter still remains.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:50 am Profile
 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next