Last visit was: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:31 am It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:31 am

[ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 BEST CONCERT EXPERIENCE OF MY ENTIRE LIFE 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: BEST CONCERT EXPERIENCE OF MY ENTIRE LIFE
Ok..will give a brief recap of the night. First of all, Backyard Tire Fire opened up for Mule, and they are fantastic. I have seen them a few times before opening for Grace Potter...they keep getting better and better..are really NICE guys.

I got VIP tix for this venue becuz honestly it is so worth the money. You are literally DIRECTLY in front of the stage, 4 feet from the musicians, and you have room to move and breathe. the forecast at first call for THUNDERSTORMS..I was freaking out becuz I didn't want them to cut the show short, but there was no rain at all..just UNBELIEVEABLE heat. I'm talking dripping like you were standing in the rain at Wanee, but it's sweat!

you saw the set list...I danced my ASS OFF the entire night..when they broke out mother earth I did my striptease dance but left my clothes on...man that song just makes me H-O-R-N-Y!! :lol: I was able to make eye contact with both Warren and Jorgen several times...a dream come true. During the set break the band had to change clothes or at least shirts...soaking wet.

After the show I of course was begging for a pic, a drum stick, a set list..and finally the last set list Farmer walked right up and stuck in my hand. He said "watch out..it's SOAKING WET"...and it was!! We left the venue and walked around the block to where the tour bus was. Next thing Jorgen walks out...we talked for about 25 minutes, such a nice guy. I asked him if he was enjoying it..meaning being with the Mule and touring and all, and of course he is. Got some pics with him..my bro in law was asking him a lot of questions as he is also a bass player...

then here comes Warren. I thought I would die. I walked up and shook his hand and said I loved him, his music, his singing, his guitar playing...basically said he rocks my world every single day of my life. I told him we drove 16 hours hauling a pop up camper to see them at Wanee and he got a real kick out of that..laughter from those standing around. He autographed my VIP ticket stub, and I am trying to get Brett to get his ASS over with the camera to take a picture..he was still talking to Jorgen. It took him a while, and of course other fans then swarmed in and were getting pics and autographs and such, so when Brett made it over I just couldn't make myself interrupt him from the others to get my picture with him. Could have done it, but I couldn't make myself be one of THOSE people...rudely interrupting for me mememe. I turn around and there is Matt Abts (on the mtrfkn drums!) talking to some folks..he comes over, we all shake his hand and he starts asking us what we do...I said I'm a travel agent and I travel around to see THE MULE and again, lots of laughter from everyone. Brett says he lays tile and Matt was asking how business is...he said there is simply no work in California. got pics with Matt..such a nice guy, and I had no idea how small he is...short I mean, but as nice as anyone I've ever met. I think he was sweet on my friend Katie...
So then we drive home, all four of us grinning from ear to ear..just can't believe the night. we are about 5 minutes from home on the highway when Josh says CAN YOU PULL OVER LIKE RIGHT NOW?!! It took too long, Katie spewed vomit in the back of my BMW!! She hadn't eaten anything, it was hotter than hell that night and the beer and water I guess just had to come out. UGGGGH!! We got home and I made Brett clean it up..I mean he took TOO LONG to pull the flippen car over!! heehehehehee

GREATEST NIGHT OF MY FLIPPEN LIFE...until the next show!! :D

Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:25 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

DID I SAY A "BRIEF" RECAP?!!!!! :lol:

Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:26 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

s#%t you right...have to admit I was a bit freaked when I met Warren so I didn't throw myself on him.

I'd say I got a "hug" from Jorgen...and a lot of lingering looks! :shock: :lol:

And with Matt I think he had his arm around me for the pic...

but next time, it's full frontal hugging..with my leg wrapped around theirs....like a dog humping but better....

Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:52 am Profile
Wanee Lover

owllover wrote:
s#%t you right...have to admit I was a bit freaked when I met Warren so I didn't throw myself on him.

I'd say I got a "hug" from Jorgen...and a lot of lingering looks! :shock: :lol:

And with Matt I think he had his arm around me for the pic...

but next time, it's full frontal hugging..with my leg wrapped around theirs....like a dog humping but better....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:53 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

I sure hope not!! and I'm pretty damn sure I can hang with Jorgen ANY TIME...heheheeheeeee

going now to check out the xmas jam info. hmmmmm

tried to talk Brett into hauling the camper to Colorado for this weekends shows. LMAO. so totally not feasible, but right now I am not thinking with a right mind...my mind is MULE MULE MULE

Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:32 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

marky wrote:
I know, I was just joking with you...

Best sentence ever =

Quote:

:lol:

Man CAN SOMEONE GET A PICTURE OF THAT!!! :shock: :lol:

Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:50 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

:P

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:54 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

:P

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:55 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

:shock:

Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:56 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

:o

Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:56 pm Profile
 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next