Last visit was: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:04 pm It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:04 pm

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 WOW!! WOW!! WOW!! 
Wanee Wizard

Post WOW!! WOW!! WOW!!
OK..PICS TO COME...but here is the gist. Grace did a solo show in Bennington Vermont, I did not go becuz I had tickets to see BACK DOOR SLAM. my buddy Dave and I were hanging in back of the Best Western waiting for Dick and DAna to arrive from Boston..they'd been calling me over and over all effed up so when the phone rang, I figured it was them again. I hear "is this amy? " yes I say sillily. "there is someone here who wants to speak to you" and next thing I hear "hey amy! I hear you aren't coming to Bennington, why not?!" I said who is this. "this is Grace Potter!" I say no, really...who is this thinking it is one of my posse friends playing tricks on me. she says "no, really...THIS IS GRACE POTTER!" and I say I'm going to have a heart attack..and we talk a bit, I remind her that I have talked to her now twice on the fone, she asks what did we talk about before, and I say I asked where she shops and gets her kick ass boots, and she says "girl, I shop in Burlington cuz I like to keep my money IN STATE!" I tell her Burlington is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and she says "OH THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!" she says she has to go for a photo op, and I say I will see her on Sunday, and she says "YOU ARE COMING TO THE SHOW ON SUNDAY?!!" I say girl, I flew my ass in from Kansas City, OF COURSE I will see you on Sunday!! she says fantastic, I say GRACE I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, and she says "I LOVE YOU TOO!!"
my posse peeps took picturese of her talking to me on the phone, one she has her head tossed back and she looks like she is cracking up..big smile. :D

Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:40 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: WOW!! WOW!! WOW!!
Blues and Lasers was awesome, but it was daylight and in a park, but we rocked out just the same. Me and tipiboy did a shot of petron right before they started. I have lots of pics and videos. they were HOT HOT HOT.
Got right up on the rail for Buddy Guy. He put on a great show, but some folks in the audience were rude, rude, and assholes. they kept trying to interject themselves into his show, shouting out things every 2 seconds when Buddy was trying to keep everyone quiet...I must have given "a look" and that was all it took, these 4 people berated me, called me names, threw water at me, and this one chick in particular made it her mission to try to ruin my night. They would shout the words to the songs at me...just horrible. of course I tried and tried to keep calm, to ignore..even as he is singing SKIN DEEP...but I have to admit I did let them get to me a bit. at one point I did a slllooowwww loook at this girl from the tip of her toes all the way to the top of her head..I mean, I"m sorry but I could have kicked her ass with one arm in a sling. I said YOU..ARE..SERIOUS...YOU ARE SERIOUSLY GOING TO f!*k WITH ME?!! she was one of those who was a big talker when I wasn't looking her way, but the minute I looked her square in the face she was scared shitless. assholes.

Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:45 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

go see Back Door Slam, and Dick had met a guy on line who is a HUGE fan of davey knowles. So we meet up with him and his 2 buddies inside the venue, turns out he has BACK STAGE PASSES. he takes Dana back, she gets to meet Davey and get her picture with him. Then the show starts, we are hanging in the back and the guy asks if I want to go backstage. HELL YES I DO!! So off we go, back stage, I cannot believe my eyes!! tons of room, I can almost reach out and touch the bass player...just incredible. Then the guy says let's go upstairs, so up we go and the 1st person I run into is BENNY from Grace and the Nocs. tooooo coool. I spent about an hour plus backstage, then headed back to my friends, only to head BACK to the backstage area for another 45 minutes or so. just incredible!!! stuck around, got to meet all the band and got pics with them..just incredibly humble, nice young talented musicians who were so happy at the reception. All night these 3 guys kept telling me we had to go back to their car after the show cuz they had some killer KB, homegrown, hydroponic...killer killer killer, so we head out and they were DEAD RIGHT...3 j's going around when 5 cop cars come screaming in the parking lot with sirens wailing. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

luckily they were coming after the dude making a rukus who was handcuffed when we walked by after snuffing out some perfectly good j's. oh well, at least we got away clean!!

Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:50 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

saturday all the posse arrived and we had a pool party. you name it, we drank it. we had a jam session in our room..got some of it on tape, starring all of us but mainly Dick, Tipi, me, Keri...halarious.
SUNDAY was game day, the Nocs went on around 630pm but they had 2 bands opening, so it made for a VERY long day of standing. we all were right up front of course, and there aint no way we didn't make the video ...no way no how. the show was incredible, Grace wore her black sequined jumpsuit (same as rothbury)..Dana has some INCREDIBLE pictures that I will share just as soon as I can. After the show we went to Nectar's where the band likes to hang out, but turned out they had a plane to catch early the next day so they were no shows. I on the other hand drank and drank and drank and had the best damn time of my life.

other notable mentions..got to party with Grace's brother...we had dinner with Grace's mom and dad on Saturday....got to see where she went to high school and the town of Waitsfield where she grew up. Met Scott Tournet's mother, met Benny's mom and dad at the pool at the best western... OH, and while we are waiting for the Nocs to come out, I see a photographer who I recognized from WANEE..the guy in the red sequined santa suit!! I said HEY..YOU WERE AT WANEE!! I have a pic of me talking to him ..just too cool.

oh, and I never threw up from drinking. KUDOS TO ME!! :D

Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:55 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

here is a review from Van who has an all time back stage pass to all Nocs shows...

Pretty good chance the last time you saw a plague of locusts you were in Egypt. Not Cat Popper. They attacked last night, and she did well to not tumble backwards into her amp, recovering well, and finishing the song with locusts in her hair that she had to brush out as soon as her could take her hands off her bass.. Ok. Ok. Maybe they weren't locusts, per se, but they sure swarmed..obnoxiously..near the end of the show.

A great homecoming show that started early with reunited Pine Island , and I have to say, opener Jennifer Hartswick is officially "a find"...very strong set of originals mixed in with some smokin covers..especially Stevie Wonder's "You Haven't Done Nothing". Also loved her final, a tribute to Michael Jackson, with deep cut "Blame it on The Boogie"

Speaking of MJ..... Is it just me, or did a certain someone down front look a bit like a cross between the gloved one and Cap'n Crunch witha Cowbell. ?

Jackson Browne, set for Shelburne later this week, sang "Rock Me on The Water", but Grace beat him to it this week. Set on the beautiful Lake Champlain shoreline, they pulled out all the stops, with a set list that excited fans both old and new. The Nocturnals rolled right thru a 21 song set that introduced most of the non-posse people in the crowd to at least 7 new songs, two of them premieres, as well as a couple of strong iconic covers of ther own. Janis Joplin's "Try" and Jefferson Airplanes "White Rabbit"; so full, so short, so sweet. A beautiful mix of the new, the familiar, and the classic.

The sun had yet to set when the band kicked into steamroller opener "Some Kind of Ride" but it wasn't long befor the sun went down, stage lights took over, and security requested no more flash pictures. As usual Grace comfortably moved back and forth from the B-3 to center mic. Scott had a real moment in "2:22"

The new songs are going to become much loved staples in the future, and I am sure the band will continue to bring Cat and Benny up to speed on some of the old staples as well as the occasional choice cover, both old and new. (What happened to Golden?)

Scene in the crowd: parents Potter and Tournet, Justin G and fam, Placid People John and Linda, uncles Morgan and Gordie, plethora of posse people, Tekawitha, hey, where was Davyna and Jackie?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36837161@N ... 2972/show/

Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:04 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Set List

1. Some Kind Of Ride

2. Joey

3.Toothbrush

4. Big White Gate

5. Before The Sky Falls (new)

6. Stop The Bus

7. Appologies

8. One Short Night (new)

9. Medicine (new)

10. Ah Mary

11. Money (new)

12. Low Real (new) ?

13. Colors (new)

14. Phone (new)

15. Paris

16. Try A Little Bit Harder (Joplin)

17. 2:22

18. Mastermind

19.Sweethands with drum solo

20. White Rabit (AIRPLANE)

21. N.B.T.W.

Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:09 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

some awesome pics..but not mine!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/agebroom/s ... 8985/show/

Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:50 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

more pics that aren't mine

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36837161@N04/

Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:51 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

WOW........ Sounds like you had one HELLVA GOOD TIME! I am soooooooo jellyass!! :lol:
I would have LOVED to have been there!! :(

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:01 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Sounds like you had a great time Owly, wish I coulda been there :( next I will be for sure. She didn't do any of the new tunes when I last saw her but I'll see her at GOTV in a week and a 1/2, hope she does then. Blues and Lasers is doing the show also and we have VIP for that day. So I will have plenty of pics. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:05 pm Profile WWW
 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next