Last visit was: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:36 am It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:36 am

[ 3 posts ] 
 A band that goes by the name "Live Oak" 
Site Admin

Post A band that goes by the name "Live Oak"
Listening to Southern Thunder Radio on Live365 this morning they played a song by the group Live Oak. It caught my attention so I started the discovery process. Found them on MySpace at http://www.myspace.com/liveoakjams and played a few of their songs. I will be going out today to see if I can find the "Live at the Pour House" album and whatever else is out there. They are described as: "Live Oak, a progressive rock band out of Charleston, SC, offers up a variety of southern-inspired rock and funk in the vein of the Allman Brothers and Little Feat as well as the Black Crowes to Led Zeppelin."
If you get the chance, drop over to their MS page and listen to "Four Corners". It has a great sound to it and so does "Scattered in Dreams" and "Good day".
I think "Live Oak" playing at Live Oak on the mushroom stage would be a good mix.

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

And don't forget Deep Jams Radio on Tunein Deep Jams Radio

Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:09 am Profile
Wanee Demi-God

Post Re: A band that goes by the name "Live Oak"
waneelover wrote:
Listening to Southern Thunder Radio on Live365 this morning they played a song by the group Live Oak. It caught my attention so I started the discovery process. Found them on MySpace at http://www.myspace.com/liveoakjams and played a few of their songs. I will be going out today to see if I can find the "Live at the Pour House" album and whatever else is out there. They are described as: "Live Oak, a progressive rock band out of Charleston, SC, offers up a variety of southern-inspired rock and funk in the vein of the Allman Brothers and Little Feat as well as the Black Crowes to Led Zeppelin."
If you get the chance, drop over to their MS page and listen to "Four Corners". It has a great sound to it and so does "Scattered in Dreams" and "Good day".
I think "Live Oak" playing at Live Oak on the mushroom stage would be a good mix.

Wow they sound good! Would love to see them! mushroom would be cool! ;)

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:47 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: A band that goes by the name "Live Oak"
I've seen them, at the Pour House as an opener, and they are OK. Check out other Charleston area artists: Graham Whorley (definitely good), Need To Breathe, Millhouse, Carey Ann Hearst, Danielle Howell, Leslie...

Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:30 am Profile
 [ 3 posts ]