Last visit was: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:02 pm It is currently Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:02 pm

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Bad couple of weeks....just venting 
Wanee Veteran

Post Bad couple of weeks....just venting
I know that there aren't that many people around here right now, and even fewer will actually read this, but I need to vent somewhere where 500 of my closest friends, family & co-workers won't read it.

- Two weeks ago my cousin & his wife lost their baby during labor. It was a freak thing caused by nothing, but it happened. My heart breaks for them. I have a dicey relationship with my extended family, but I'd sort of kept in touch with my cousin's wife through Facebook. Now she's deleted her FB page and I have no choice but to send a card, which will probably get swept up with all the other cards....and all I really want to do is hold her and cry.

-Last Friday Jason's dad was diagnosed with cancer in his gallbladder. They won't know how advanced it is until they operate, and they've given no indication of when that will happen. He's been in poor health for a long time and it was only a matter of time before something like this happened. Still, it hurts to the core. Even if treatment is possible, there's no way to know how his body will tolerate it. His body had been abused and his spirit has been weakened for a long time. If he doesn't make it through, the ripples will devastate his entire family. I have no idea what Jason's mom & grandmother will do with 1/2 of their household income gone. My kids, particularly my daughter, will lose the grandfather that's spent months at our house acting as their "nanny". Jason will lose his dad...something he is completely unprepared for. There are so many "what-ifs"...and we won't be able to accept or process anything until we know what happens in surgery.

-Yesterday, a close friend of my mom's was kicked by a horse and is now in an induced coma with severe internal injuries. We're from an extremely small town and everybody is very close. It's like this happened to an aunt. She's so strong, such a fighter, and it hurts my heart that this has happened. Her son is in the Coast Guard and is currently on a ship in the Atlantic...his wife had to email him all of this.

I feel like everything is just collapsing around me. If bad things were happening to me, I could accept them and process them. But when it's happening to everyone else, particularly people who live thousands of miles away, there's not a damn thing I can do.

At a time like this, I REALLY need to turn to my friends. Unfortunately, they've all become scarce. One friend actually complained to me that everyone around her was doing nothing by complaining. I figured she wouldn't be the most sympathetic person right now.

This post really has no purpose....I just needed to get it all out.

Thanks.

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

...But the fighter still remains.

Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:54 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Bad couple of weeks....just venting
You stay strong, girl. Everything happens for a reason...we usually Don't know the reason, but there is one.

You and your extended family/friends are in my prayers!

Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:32 am Profile
Wanee Master

Seems like everything is ganging up on you all at once! Sorry to hear about so many sad things. Go ahead vent, take a deep breath and then keep going. Talk to your family, friends, diety of your choice and us. Hang in there, there's always hope and light at the end of the tunnel. Will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:43 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Sorry to hear this Jess. I am sending out positive vibes to you.
{{{{{{{{{{{JESS}}}}}}}}}}}

Please check your Personal messages.

Thanks

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:11 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Thanks y'all. :D

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:02 am Profile
Wanee Demi-God

Hang in there Jess... Sending peace, love, and happiness your way!

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:45 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Did it help? Are things a little better?

Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:37 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Things are better....

My cousin & his wife are still hurting...but they're dealing.

My mom's friend is stable. Now that she's out of the woods, it's pretty remarkable to consider her injuries.... 16 broken ribs, lost her spleen & her gallbladder, punctured lung, torn liver, injured kidney, etc... seriously, I think this horse kick his hoof into her abdomen and then just swirled it around.

J's dad is meeting with the surgeon tomorrow morning to discuss his surgery. They'll know more about what's going on once they open him up. Until then, we're all just in a holding pattern. So, send some good thoughts tomorrow morning if you think of it. One bright point in this is that this situation inspired Jason to call his older brother and encourage him to drop the issues that he's had with their dad...and now my brother-in-law & his family will be coming down for the surgery too.

Thanks for the nice messages. I really appreciate the good thoughts. :)

Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:07 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

Well just know we love ya Jess!

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:21 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

:D :D :D Happy Birthday, Jess! :D :D :D

Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:58 am Profile
 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next