Last visit was: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:06 am It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:06 am

[ 3 posts ] 
 Keep Richie Hayward in your thoughts 
Wanee Lover

Post Keep Richie Hayward in your thoughts
Today I was told that Richie Hayward has a serious liver disease and will have to quit touring with his band Little Feat in order to address this problem.Richie is one of the best drummers in the business and the three times I was able to meet him I found he was a real down to earth person and a supper nice guy.I dont know if the band will keep touring but lets get real who could replace Richie on drums?My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.GET WELL RICHIE!!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:12 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Keep Richie Hayward in your thoughts
If you are able, and want to help Richie with mounting expenses, check this site:

http://www.pacificdisturbance.com/fundraiser.html

The band will continue to tour...here is a statement from Little Feat (cut and paste from the LF web site)

FROM LITTLE FEAT:

We’re of course with you in sending all the best vibes of support to our brother Richie. We are pleased to say that Richie’s seat is being kept warm by a member of the family – Gabe Ford, who’s been our drum tech for the past almost three years. Gabe’s a fine drummer – just came off a tour with Jorma Kaukonen, Robben Ford, and Ruthie Foster – and we know he can keep Feat rockin’.

Meantime, please join us in all the healing thoughts at your command. You know that’s what’s on our minds.

Yours,

Everybody at Little Feat

p.s. By the way, since people have been asking – Feat’s tour plans remain as normal, right up to Jamaica and beyond. See the website about August; we’re also working on shows for the fall.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:03 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Post Re: Keep Richie Hayward in your thoughts
{{{{{{{{{{Richie and family}}}}}}}} Wish I could make it to the benefit in Canada... :cry:

Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:55 pm Profile
 [ 3 posts ]