Last visit was: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:24 am It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:24 am

[ 10 posts ] 
 Magfest? 
Wanee Veteran

Post Magfest?
What kind of music does magfest showcase? I know the answer is 100% pure americana music, but what does that mean? I know dickey betts, new riders, and the lee boys but others on this lineup i am not so familiar with. I would love to go as i have fell in love with the suwanee campground and would love to take some of my friends, but id really hate to go all that way and not really enjoy the music as much as i did wanee.

Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:43 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Magfest?
Magfest is byfar the best festival at the park. It is small, a lot more kid friendly and just has a fantastic vibe. I have been going to Magfest since it was Big Cosmo's Sunshine Daydream weekend 12 years ago.

BK3 last year was second only to Old & in the Way / Merle Sauders & The Rainforest band.

David Gan's and others host guitar & songwriting workshops.

And Peter Rowan takes you to church on Sunday.

You should support Magfest/Springfest because they are run by Beth & Randy Judy. Not a big corporation. But the LIVENATIONS are starting to crush them financially with their big ticket festies. Beth and Randy are great people, and work very hard, and have for the last 12 years. They even left me a ticket a will call when I accidentally threw my mailorder out w. the junk mail. That's good people in my book.

Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:29 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

do they use the mushroom stage? like is it there all year round or do they set up different stages?

Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:24 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Usually the Mushroom stage (ampitheater) is the Main stage. The field stage is usually smaller acts.

Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:15 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Hey dude you want to know about the Mag Fest,I have three words for you DONNA THE BUFFALO!!!!! well maybe two DREAD CLAMPITT.

Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:06 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

peter rowan for me is worth the price of the tix, in my opinion one of the greatest singer songwriter of our generation, was one of bill monroes bluegrass boys for gods sake, played with jerry garcia, even played magfest with burning spears horn section!!! what i'm trying to say if you love music peter rowan should be on your bucket list, between springfest, magfest and merlefest i see him about 10 times a year, but hey just my 2 cents ;)

Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:57 am Profile
Wanee Lover

True Dat !!!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:46 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

marky wrote:
In a rapidly changing world, we remain committed to our original intention & vision, which is to present you with the finest music festivals we can which offer the best quality performers in a most beautiful natural setting.

That's FUNNY! :lol: :mrgreen:

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:42 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

marky wrote:
NCviper wrote:
marky wrote:
In a rapidly changing world, we remain committed to our original intention & vision, which is to present you with the finest music festivals we can which offer the best quality performers in a most beautiful natural setting.

That's FUNNY! :lol: :mrgreen:

You are funny, open your eyes before I have to post a song for you :geek:

To late..........

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:09 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Magfest and Springfest are both incredible. Magfest has a bit more rock orientation, but both have a bluegrass foundation. Bought my tix months ago as soon as they offered the cheap prices to the mailing list. Looking forward to Moonalice, Cornmeal (Allie Kral mmmhmmm), & Rob and Ronnie McCoury (these boys can light it up). Also look for Rushaad Eggleston (sp?) to sit in with some people, amazing albeit insane cello player who cut his teath in an awesome lil band called CROOKED STILL!, but now plays like cello punk. Anyway, hes pretty cool :)

The field stage is the second stage, its like sideways from Wanee and smaller. It's often very empty. Alot of the bands play two sets in past years, one on the field stage maybe at night then another prime slot over in the amphitheatre. Psst, if you like or wanna check out a band, make sure to head over to the field stage, its often quite empty and you get a real kick ass intimate show over there. My fav shows are always like Sat night in the field...I remember one year seeing New Monsoon > Mofro > Railroad Earth ... or some order like that but all in a row...

Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:54 pm Profile
 [ 10 posts ]