Last visit was: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:49 pm It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:49 pm

[ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 rumor has it 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: rumor has it
If Clapton and The dead showed up it would certainly be LEGENDARY. (And I dont think its to farfetched either)
The Wanee gods surely have lots of suprises in store for us! ;) :D

Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:02 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

i believe clapton over the dead, but i want the dead over clapton...

Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:05 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

If the Rothbury page said "ONLY SCHEDULED SUMMER PERFOMRANCE" next to the DEAD I'd be more inclined to believe it. If the Dead were to show up and suprise anyone it would be at Gathering of the Vibes for sure. CLapton sounds very possible, Derek, Warren, and Buddy could twist his arm, I'd like to think so atleast.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:13 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

f2photo wrote:
Ok without Garcia they are NOT the Dead, even if Weir tries to look like him... for that matter without PigPen either... I will take Clapton this time, the Dead I have seen a lot. I know I will get jammed for saying this...

But I really wanted to ask how many beers is umpteen? I want to get a good count for rumors that dont come true... LOL

It is all in the eye of the beholder.....I think without Jerry they are The Dead, with Jerry they were Grateful!! As for PigPen, his lovelight shines on ALL of the GD keyboard players....how can you say that Brent wasn't as good if not better.....Umpteen is just past more than a couple but less than twentysomething

Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:24 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Derek Trucks opend for Clapton last summer, Arc Angels, Buddy Guy ....... there might be something there after all

Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:59 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

I heard clapton has an aunt & uncle in live oak

Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:50 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

I woke up at 3:00 am to weewee clicked on the computer for Wanee and now you expect me to go back to sleepy? Not after reading this! Clapton must play at Wanee this year!

Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:17 am Profile
Wanee Lover

IMO This is the Allman Bros gig, if they ANNOUNCED the Dead where gonna be there in some folks minds ( not mine, although I have seen the Dead countless times ) that would overshadow the Bros. I for one would not be at all suprised to see SOME form or the dead there in addition to the BK3. When would they fit in a full blown Dead Set????? The scedule is pretty tight as it is....

Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:43 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Dude, I agree the dead are great, but man I think they would just blend in with the whole family Warren and Derek are hard to blow off the stage!Love your dive pic is that carribean water?

Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:34 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Dont get me wrong dude, I love the dead too! I think it would have gotten out of hand if they actually announced that the Dead were in the lineup. Suprise guests are wide open for speculation and I am expecting many!
Yes the dive picture was taken in Roatan, in case you've never heard of it, its a group of small islands off of the coast of Honduras. Some of the best diving in the Carib and still relatively undiscovered. Its got the 2nd or 3rd largest barrier reef in the world. If you are a diver and interested, PM me and I can fill you in.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:53 am Profile
 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3