Last visit was: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:44 am It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:44 am

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Wanee Newb Needs VIP experience, advice and details 
Wanee Gnome

Post Wanee Newb Needs VIP experience, advice and details
Just want to know your thoughts on a few things:

What "extras/perks" do you get for VIP?
Is it worth it in your opinion?
How's the veiwing area?
Discounts, snacks food.
Most importantly... The bathroom/shower facility.

Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:12 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Post Re: Wanee Newb Needs VIP experience, advice and details
I'd like some more detail on the vip camping and viewing area. My father and I are considering coming down for the weekend. His health is a little suspect and I was wondering if these viewing areas are shaded and could provide some relief for him. Also how long is the walk from vip camping to the stages? Do you camp with your car? If not how far is the walk from the car to camping? This could be a great trip for me and my dad but we have to be sure that this is going to be feasible. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:37 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Here is a picture from the VIP section. Behind me is the large tent where you can find shade. The chairs and tables are kind of crappy, and the food is garbage, but the bathrooms are very clean and the beers are $1. I don't think there is a VIP camping area. I might be wrong.

I won't be doing this again because of the terrible view for the concert. I suggest it if you have health issues. Also it's the only place to get coverage in case it rains.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:51 am Profile
Wanee Peach

Do you park at your campsite? There are no bikes or golfcarts aloud? :mrgreen:

Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:30 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

I don't know if the rules have been changed but if you bring any sort of motorized transportation for back and forth to the music areas, the campground was requiring proof of insurance before you could use it. That does not apply to devices for the handicapped like motorized wheelchairs. I have seen plenty of bicycles but I also had a friend get hit by one, hard! There will be a lot of people walking up and down the roads and sometimes stepping out from unseen locations so be very careful with anything that moves faster than walking speed. I'd say, check with the campground by phone before bringing golf carts, etc. I'd suspect that all ATVs, dirt bikes, etc. are banned.

I wish the campground would run shuttles back and forth around the area. They did that at the old Down On The Farm festival and it was great!

Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:17 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Thanks for all the info. It has really been helpful. On the website it says you get VIP parking. Does this mean VIP camping as well? And how far of a walk is it from the luxury cabins to the stages?

Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:54 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Forget the cabins, those are long since taken and there is a long waiting list with very little chance of getting one. Camp!

Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:00 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Yeah I figured there was no chance of getting a cabin. Is there plenty of shaded camping that is fairly close to the stages? I know I'm blowing it up with questions but I'm just trying to get all the info I can so we can make a decision on coming down for this.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:12 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Lots of shady camping everywhere. Take a look at the map at the venue's web site and pick one! Choose sites away from the roads for shade except on the river road. If you camp near the river you are in for a hike. I prefer the area near the stables but that is getting to be very popular and that looks to be where the electric campfire jam will be (a plus in my book). The "loop" is sort of domesticated with lots of RVs but is still nice and close.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:19 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Is the camping by the river semi-quiet? (I'm fine with a long walk) What is likely to be available Friday morning? Thanks for your help.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:39 pm Profile
 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next