Last visit was: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:13 pm It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:13 pm

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 is this venue kid friendly??? 
Wanee Gnome

Post is this venue kid friendly???
my daughter is one and i would like to bring her -is there a kid village?

also is there vending shakedown - ???

namaste

Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:44 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: is this venue kid friendly???
it is kid friendly to a certain degree... i think there is family camping at wanee.. .but you want to get your kids to bed early because the freaks come out at night. I personally wouldnt take my kids to wanee. Springfest & Magfest are way more kid friendly.

Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:36 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

thanks for the reply - is there a vending area? are we allowed to sell food , merchandise etc... or is it permit only

Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:53 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Personally, I wouldn't bring children. I always find it odd when people bring their children to these things (its' even weirder to see them at some of the heavy-ass metal shows I've been to). It's not a hostile enviornment or anything, but there is plenty of drinkign and, let's face it, drugs. The freaks do come out at night (and some during the day too). Plus, the responsibility of caring for a child (whose needs obviously come first) might get in the way of the experience a little bit. On the other hand, you would be making memories with your daughter. But, I would definitely recommend taking children to the park any other time, it's a beautiful place.

Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:29 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I agree with Greengrass. In my opinion I wouldn't bring kids. I think it's designed for more seasoned crowd. Last year I saw some redneck on the front row swinging around an infant with the music playing extremely loud. It upset me greatly.

Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:15 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

If you are going to do primitive camping, I would not bring the kids.The restroom facilities will be maxed out and bathing arrangements iffy at best.I have been to all of the wanees so far and it is getting bigger (crowd) every year. If you will be living in a RV well then you can pretty much control the environment.

Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:52 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
It might be possible to get some older kids (say like 18yrs etc) to entertain the young ones while the parents play? My daughters are both trained in cpr experienced babysitters etc..Maybe we could get some groups together for this? There are craft centers etc..It would be beneficial if they would rent say a cabin or activity area for this? Plus, this would give the older kids some extra funds for their summer?? We would have to have say cell phones or pagers for this in case of emergencies etc...They could do hiking, or scavanger hunts, board games and other types of activities for the younger ones, like story times or that kind of thing? Just a thought :!: Any input :?: :)

Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:11 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

f2photo wrote:
The vendors have ALWAYS been good to me. I refuse to buy the tickets and trade in cash for the food and have never been hassled.

Food and drink vendors who take cash risk being asked to pack their bags and leave. I've seen it happen at other festivals. The festival "rents" the vendors space either for a flat fee or for a percentage. The ticket system is a way to make sure the festival gets its fair share of the percentage. By taking cash, the vendors are ripping off the festival. Having helped plan and organize other festivals I know how important it is to stay within the system. You are only hurting the festival itself.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:19 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

the most kid friendly venue of any festival "festie" i have ever been to. lots of space, clean and pleanty of security/strait people

Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:11 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

I took my son there a couple of years ago (he was 4 at the time), and we are going again this year. I have been to many a-festival before my son was born, and about 5 with him. In my opinion, I am a responsible mom. For instance, you won't see my kid running around half dressed and full of fire ant bites. There are shows I will take him to, and there are ones I will not.

That being said, I highly recommend Wanee for three reasons. The music (goes without saying), the venue is great, and crowd is very family. The canoe on the river is fun too. If your kids are going to be tripped out by freaky people in rainbow clothing dancing around, people yelling and partying at night, camping in general, crowds, you may not want to take them. Also, if you want to be relaxed while partying, you should not take them. My son doesn't last all day at the stage...we walk around a lot to and from the tent and other places. Don't bring a baby!!!! There is NO shade at the stage, it's VERY loud, dirty with no place to bathe....so many reasons.

If you do take a kid, be prepared to miss late night shows, drum circles, and parties. Be prepared to turn in early, and wake up early. Be prepared to have a fun camping and concert experience with your child. Everything is bright and cheerful, and they have so much fun running around, dancing, and being crazy. We love it!!!

Oh, make sure they have earplugs and sunglasses.

Peace!!!

Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:15 pm Profile
 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next