Last visit was: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:25 am It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:25 am

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 is this venue kid friendly??? 
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
Post Re: is this venue kid friendly???
Good Advice! And make sure the kids are well hydrated,Water, water and more water as sodas,juices even gatoraid are not the best things for a kid in the summer in FL plus they have tons of sugar in them! Same goes for the adults with the booze! And SUNBLOCK!! especially if you are from up north!!!! I Have seen so many people keel over with heatstroke it is not funny at say Disney or other theme parks..even saw a dog have a heat stroke years ago in Ocala at a dog show not a pretty site, we saved him but it was scary!! So another thing if you are not used to our lovely swamp and the HUMIDITY here...take a baggie with a facecloth etc..and freeze it or keep in your cooler with ice in a ziploc in case you overindulge in anything and you will have a cool cloth there for you or whoever! It might help???

Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:56 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Well said sister_bear

Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:02 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Muleldy1 wrote:
Same goes for the adults with the booze!

So another thing if you are not used to our lovely swamp and the HUMIDITY here...take a baggie with a facecloth etc..and freeze it or keep in your cooler with ice in a ziploc in case you overindulge in anything and you will have a cool cloth there for you or whoever! It might help???

Drinking to excess in the sun is NOT a good idea at all. anyone who does it will feel a hangover like no other the next day. That's if you don't end up like one of these people: http://passedoutwookies.com
Pace yourself to really have a good time. For every beer drink a bottle of water if its really hot.

I like the idea of the cold cloth, I think I'll have to work on that idea. Just the salt on your skin from the sweat can make you feel crappy at the end of a long day. If nothing else, wet naps are a good thing to carry.

Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:35 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I like the idea of drinking one beer to every bottle of water but I've yet to make it work.

Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:05 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

We brought our daughter last year...she was about 10 months old. We had a pop up so that helped with the noise and a feeling of security. We were able to put her to sleep without worrying that some wookie would come along and fall on the tent like I saw some guy say. Yikes. WE took her took her to the beach and all around. She loved all the people in the colorful outfits and the bubbles and frisbees...you do have to be very responsible though. Each of us had a night...his night was Friday night to play and I went back to the campsite and fed her and put her to bed and hung in the hammock. Then we switched...Saturday I got to play and he took her back to the campsite and chilled in the hammock. You can listen to the music on the parks radio station..and if you have a small child they will let you camp in the more shaded areas. We ended up with the bomb campsite where you can almost see the stage and totally hear the music. It was a great experience. She wasn't walking last year though so that made a huge difference. This year she is staying at home with grandma because she runs. :lol: We want to relax a little more and both get to play both nights with it being the ABB 40th...but it was awesome to share it with her. :D

Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:01 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

I can't wait to get FREAKY at night :shock: :lol: :ugeek: :mrgreen:

Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:15 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Only 57 days away frmo the Radiators kickoff party. But who is counting. :D

Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:20 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

I've taken my son, now 2 2/2 to a bunch of festivals here including two wanees...hes also been to a couple Langerados. My lil' 5 month daughter just had her coming out at Springfest, though it was a short trip (we ran from the second huge stormfront :P).

But...I might actually leave boy at home this time...babies are easier to keep close...hes just big enough that he has to be watched like a hawk 'cause he doesn't really understand...and Wanee is a bit of a different atmosphere. I may actually come out by myself then my wife and daughter join for one overnight...then son can stay at grandparents for a sleepover.

I dunno, its a fine place to take kids imo, but as was said by some wise people before you have to be attentive. I guess I just feel like I may not want to be so attentive this year :D the lineup looks so good I dont want to have to leave any shows.

Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:43 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Some people love these, some people don't. Having watched a friend of mine's toddler have great fun running off into the crowd and hiding at another festival at the Spirit of the Suwanee, it might not be such a bad idea. Needless to say the toddler's parents were not amused.

Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:30 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I dunno, its a fine place to take kids imo, but as was said by some wise people before you have to be attentive. I guess I just feel like I may not want to be so attentive this year :D the lineup looks so good I dont want to have to leave any shows.[/quote]

Dually noted hanesbrous - Took our little girl last year as a 10 month old but this year at 2 she is into everything. With such a great line up this year, if you have a babysitter that you trust, you might want to use them. We are flying my mother-in-law in to town to watch our little girl.

Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:48 pm Profile
 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next