Last visit was: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:48 am It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:48 am

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 is this venue kid friendly??? 
Wanee Master

Post Re: is this venue kid friendly???
bump

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:24 am Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
Cyber.. OMG :o :lol: I used to see these not as nice as this one is..on kids in Atlantic City on the boardwalk...I was a kid but would just stare at the people with the kidz on a leash...now that one looks more like a harness..much more sophisticated then back then...LOL They are pretty handy..I haven't had to use one lately..but it reminds me of a lady at a dog show that had a kid about 4yrs he got into the dogs crate with his stuffed doggie shut the door and fell asleep she was outside the van grooming her dogs, all doors & windows were open it was a cool day too anyhow somehow the CDF shows up & took her kid into custody for cruelty!!! I am not sure if they arrested her or not..i was in the building when all of this was going on...crazy stuff it was in Orlando I do remember that! That leash/harness thing for some reason made me think of that day :?: :roll: :lol: She sold me a bum dog our very first show dog...and told me to dye the dogs face as he had a blaze which in my breed is a FAULT,at that time I didnot know this I put the dye on him and won a win under the VP of AKC,in orlando too,then was tellling my mom she said ur not allowed to do that(she showed dogs different breed) So then got me books and started this LONG adventure into the crazy scene of dogdom!! He also had to have surgery for a genetic disorder and then his bite went off and the breeder said well let's breed him & not tell anyone :shock: :shock: I said Like hell we will I had read the rules by this time...that is why you really hve to watch out in that crazy scene,many more stories/horror for my book"DOGGIE DEARIST"...Peace this is the first day I have not cried over Lizzy does this mean I am starting to heal :?: RIP "Kaghen's Out of the BLUE"...Pooh bear u couldn't help ur faults but u lived a good long life....

Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:39 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

i took my 9 year old son to wanee this year and he had the time of his life. he's mature enough to know how to get back to camp if he gets separated though. i showed him all of the landmarks and the stages the first day and we had no problem as soon as he knew where everything was. he was really good about staying nearby and not venturing off where i couldn't see him. and if he decided to go play at side stage with some hula hoops while i danced up front, we knew where to meet up. but, again, he's been around a lot more than the average 9 year old. i think if you believe your kids can handle it and have fun, you should bring them. if they are going to make it hard for you to have fun then they aren't going to enjoy it either. just use your best judgement. SOSMP is a great place for the experienced kids.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:29 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
;) Yeah now after going I wish I would have brought the younger ones...but after looking at all the happenings there I will take them up there! They will enjoy it! Thanks for the info tho and am glad your young one had a great time and his parents too :)

Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:06 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

so, what i am gettin from this is,
bring the kids if:

they can't walk yet and you don't mind missing out on some music?

cuz we have a one year old and are considering coming down from far away just for this fest - never been before.

she's pretty versatile and we are adaptive... we usually just throw her in a sling and she rides along everywhere.

just wondering if you have felt safe and semi quiet at your camp with your kid?

need more stories... :D

Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:14 am Profile
Wanee Lover

A lot of people bring their kids. But people bring their kids to bars too. It's up to the individual. It is safe here. Some kiddy ear plugs and plenty of sun prevention and you're good to go. As long as the kid doesn't tell me to sit down, I don't mind!!!!

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:46 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

in the words of my favorite celebrity meltdown: Charlie sheen- "If you touch my kids I will eat your hands off"

Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:52 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

It's hard to say if I have seen any upset children at Wanee. Pull me around in a radio flyer while I get my first contact high at age 7, check please. lol As a teacher I worry more about the parenting involved.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:22 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

I think if you camp in the right area you will be fine. If you are camping in a tent then i would be a little nervous of the previously mentioned tent trippers. I have never seen it happen but I know I have tripped on a rainfly cord and come close to falling into a tent.

I have considered bringing my niece. She is 1 and 1/2 and would love it. She loves music, dancing, nature, people. But I realized I don't want to sacrifice my nights at wanee. I think that is what it comes down to. If you don't mind going to bed early and skipping some shows and the drum circle, I think kids have a great time.

As previously mentioned, keep well fed and hydrated, keep earplugs in ears, sunscreen and anything else they might need. And minus the contact high, of course.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:24 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

I've never been to wanee, but we have tent camped with our kids and even canoe camped with them, so I think they will be fine. Our kids are used to jovial drunks and they have been to several family get togethers with bonfires, music, etc.

As far as the tent falls.. it has concerned me a bit, so I've been working on how to make it almost trip proof. I'm getting glow in the dark cord for the tent stakes and tie downs for the shelter. I'm also going to try to put some kind of caution tape and make a barrier far enough out that if you trip on it, you hit the ground, instead of my tent. We also thought about stringing up some tie dye'd sheets that the kids have done and keep the camp well marked to add to the "this isn't your tent" clues. :lol: :lol:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:35 pm Profile
 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next