Last visit was: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:26 am It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:26 am

[ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 41  Next
 Let's get to know one another 
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Let's get to know one another
Hans
Where from?: Clay County
Male/Female?: Dude
Been to Wanee before?: Every Year
What do you do for a living?: Application Systems Analyst (computer stuff)

and most importantly, music:
Play any instruments?: Nah
Favorite bands/artists?: Grateful Dead, The Band, Derek Trucks Band, Railroad Earth, Yonder ... I mean I could go on forever. If its not opera, modern country, or showtunes, I probably like it. If its loud, psychadelic rock, I probably REALLY like it.

Finally, what is it about music that brought you here?: Uh, dunno. The music didn't really bring me here, the hunger for news about the best festival at the best venue brought me here, and specifically to the forums a curiousity as to who else was lurking around and has enjoyed this event.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:39 am Profile
Wanee Lover

First name? (optional, of course):Beth - 31 - I am another hippie mamma!!! ready to roll!
Where from?:Fort Myers most recently
Male/Female?:Female
Been to Wanee before?:Every year except 06 when I was 4 days away from giving birth...the husband wouldn't take me - but I had clearance from the midwife. :)
What do you do for a living?: Magazine distribution

and most importantly, music:
Play any instruments?:only shaking my groove thang...I have no musical talent.
Favorite bands/artists?:Gov't Mule, DTB, Keller Williams, ABB of course, Robert Randolph and Family Band, Railroad Earth, anything with a great beat music that makes me move.

Finally, what is it about music that brought you here?: We happened upon this festival in 2005 and I swore it felt like home...so much so that I would love to live at the SMP! To say I can't wait for this festival is the understatment of the year. Every morning since the line up was announced I wake up with a nervous belly and sheer anticipation of the amazing times on the way!!! I can't wait to meet everyone. Good thread!!

Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:20 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

owllover wrote:
Wavo..I take NO offense and really appreciate your efforts to help!! However..after having copied and pasted your instructions..I went to page 3 and there is NO GREY SLIDE BAR.... :?

this is what I get for posing my party pic! I promise to stay away from loading pics in the future!! :x

i know i'm working too hard at this and should just leave it alone,,but i'm a never say die kinda guy....

ok,,we are on page 4 right now.
if you look over to the right of your computer screen,
you have a gray slider bar that you can drag this page up and down.(God i hope she does)
drag it down far enough to click on the "Page 3" and go there.
after the page loads,drag that gray bar on the right ALL THE WAY
to the bottom of the page.
do you see another horizontal gray bar at the bottom of that page??
if so,drag it to the right all the way...
then, drag the gray bar on the right of screen back up to your post with pic and see if the edit button is visible.

if this works out, 1st beer's on you....if it doesn't,next two on me.

ha........ :lol: 8-)

Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:24 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

have y'all realized that the conversation to fix the picture size takes up far more room than the original picture?

And by the way, to scroll over simply highlight text from left to right and the screen will scroll right as you do so.

Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:12 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Wally
Where from?: Richmond, Va
Male/Female?: Male
Been to Wanee before?: Nope
What do you do for a living?: Project Manager for a small town. Mostly CAD stuff
and most importantly, music:Just about anything but Rap or Opera
Play any instruments?: Nah
Favorite bands/artists?: Little Feat, ABB, SRV, ZZ Top...too many to list.
Finally, what is it about music that brought you here?:So many great bands!

Leaving from Richmond area early Thursday...alone in my pickup. All my buddies have gotten to old to have this much fun. I plan on making lots of friends in FLA!

Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:29 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

message truncated

Last edited by beerpolice on Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:15 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

And this is just a fine example of the Wanee community...always willing to help and drink a few beers. CAN'T FREAKING WAIT UNTIL JUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:54 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

owllover wrote:
Looks like you owe me a beer!! when I go to the bottom of THIS page, there is a grey slider bar....but when I go to the bottom of page 3...NO SLIDER, except on the right side and it goes UP AND DOWN, not left to right! I think when I put in the GINORMOUS picture it (f)sucked up the bottom slider bar...

face it. something is conspiring against me!! it is payback for plastering a plastered picture of myself...now all I wanna go do is drink a beer....

2more months and I can't hardly STAND IT!!

Ha ha ...
I'll let you know where to find us closer to time.... i'm a man of my word...
First beer on me!!....you'll get to meet my clan,,they come from all over the U.S...

too funny, i was gonna jump the beerpolice for jumping us but i see you took care of that....
beerpolice..... we won't take your comment serious...just do the same about our efforts to clean and align the board. :lol:
i got anal on it i know,,,just tried to help.

O'lover,,,,i tried,but i will now retire the efforts on the alignment...

now,back to our regular scheduled "let's boogie" thread.

peace to the PO lice 8-)

Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:17 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

name:Lori

This is my second time to Wanee. I am so excited. I was converted by my boyfriend last year. I used to go to Ultra down in MIA for EDM type music. I truly love all types of music. I had such a great time last year, the music, the people, the experience was so awsome. I mildly disappointed that Karl Denson and Junior are not going to be there. That sax was on FIRE!!! I know that I will in no way be let down with this years fest, but he sure stuck in my head! i am a big fan of jax native Derek Trucks, we saw them here at the Fla Theater the end of Dec. I really appreciate any music that someone is passionate about playing/singing, that expresses their emotions. When people drop their walls and just let the music pour out it's gonna be great! Looking forward to seeing y'all there!

Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:12 am Profile YIM
Wanee Mushroom

Quote:
i am a big fan of jax native Derek Trucks, we saw them here at the Fla Theater the end of Dec.

That soul stew show was awesome. The whole band played hot. I hope Yonrico Scott plays a couple songs with the ABB again this year. Duane Trucks tore it up on the drums as well [at the florida theatre show in dec.]

Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:26 pm Profile
 [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 41  Next