Last visit was: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:33 am It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:33 am

[ 7 posts ] 
 Anyone know the Pineville section of Camp? 
Wanee Master

Post Anyone know the Pineville section of Camp?
There weren't a lot of tent sites with water/electric left, but the lady at the office said this is a nice area with trees near the lake. Anyone been there? Staying near there? Whoo Hoo! I'm all set now. Come on June!!

Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:15 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Post Re: Anyone know the Pineville section of Camp?
AndieBee wrote:
There weren't a lot of tent sites with water/electric left, but the lady at the office said this is a nice area with trees near the lake. Anyone been there? Staying near there? Whoo Hoo! I'm all set now. Come on June!!

It really is more of a pond,but it is called Rees Lake A good point of reference is the chapel(not hard to find) and the water is behind it. There is a road that goes around the pond/lake with camping on both sides of it.This is usually one of the first primitive camping areas to get filled up fast ,as people come in as early as wednesday and rope off vast areas to save a spot for thieir "group". The lower you go into the hole(nearer the water) the less wind you will get.

Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:01 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

The rees lake area is nice because it is in close proximity to both stages. The downside is that you are pretty far away from the river over there. I've never camped in that area for Wanee but I know at spring/magfest this area is full of campsite pickers (always a nice addition to the ambiance). And yes, the veterans of the festivals often get there early and stake off their claims, but if you only have one tent to put down it should be easy to find a spot. Be careful if rain is on the forecast because you can end up camping in what will become a river of water trying to get down to the lake.

Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:51 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

beerpolice wrote:
The rees lake area is nice because it is in close proximity to both stages. The downside is that you are pretty far away from the river over there. I've never camped in that area for Wanee but I know at spring/magfest this area is full of campsite pickers (always a nice addition to the ambiance). And yes, the veterans of the festivals often get there early and stake off their claims, but if you only have one tent to put down it should be easy to find a spot. Be careful if rain is on the forecast because you can end up camping in what will become a river of water trying to get down to the lake.

I have camped next to the chapel for all of the wanees, You cant hear the campfire guitars over the full blown "after shows" that go on ;) florganism(sp), Bonobos, ....These cats will play(loudly) until asked to stop by the park....You got to see vaylor trucks play the Stick!!

Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:16 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Thanks for the info everyone. I guess I have a reserved spot in this area somewhere. I don't see its number on the map, but I'll find it!

Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:12 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

AndieBee wrote:
Thanks for the info everyone. I guess I have a reserved spot in this area somewhere. I don't see its number on the map, but I'll find it!

If it's the same map that I have you are lucky to see any numbers :)

Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:13 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

AndieBee wrote:

Download the map and open it on your computer. You should be able to zoom in a couple times to see the numbers. A very poor map by any standards.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:22 am Profile
 [ 7 posts ]