Last visit was: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:39 am It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:39 am

[ 7 posts ] 
 Camping upgrade and primitive camping 
Wanee Fan

Post Camping upgrade and primitive camping
A question for previous Wanee attendees:

If I have a friend bringing a pop up camper and has reserved a spot for it, is it going to be possible to camp next to him in a tent? I attended Magfest last year and it appeared that there were several people doing just that. However, I have heard from a friend who called the office that choosing to do so will cost you an additional $45 or so on top of the price of your ticket (I already bought my ticket, no upgrade).

So, how do they know if you've "upgraded" and how is it enforced? It's not like they're running around with clipboards checking everyone out... or are they? :) At Magfest, when you brought your vehicle in to the main gate, you showed your ticket and got a wristband, which didn't seem to be any different than those with upgraded sites.

Anybody know? Thanks.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:38 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Camping upgrade and primitive camping
Hey BC,
I talked a few times to the girls in the office down there
and asked the same question.
I was told that if you get a "reserved" site(i think $109),there is enough room for maybe one tent on the site in addition to the camper/rv or whatever you park on the site.
they did not mention any additional fees for an extra tent.

in "primitive" camping,you have as much room as you need to put up tent(s) around camper.....

since you said he has a reserved spot, i would call down there and ask if they are going to charge extra for your tent spot....
i don't think so,but don't take my word.
they also said something about a maximum # of people per "reserved" site,,, i think somewhere between 4-8....
you'll need to confirm with the park.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:37 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Cool, thanks for the info, Wavo.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:59 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

I got a VIP ticket. is there specific camping for that? I have a VW camper, Can I just camp out of that or do I have to get a special camping pass? I've never been to Wanee before.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:22 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

VIP pass includes VIP parking (outside the park) but does not include a camp spot. You should reserve a spot right away. Call the park at (386) 364-1683. Check out the campsite map, and their website:

http://musicliveshere.com/sosmpmap.gif

http://musicliveshere.com/

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:47 am Profile
Wanee Lover

torourke6,
just to add and clarify what LTS said above ,
there is NOT a VIP camp spot or site.
you do NOT have to reserve a spot...you can camp for free in primitive which there are awesome sites everywhere,,free.

or,as LTS said,you can "reserve a spot"....those are probably going very fast....

you get all your VIP perks no matter where you decide to camp...
i have no idea where or what VIP "parking" is.....I would imagine that would be for those VIP's to park if they were staying off grounds and coming to the fest from outside.

i'd suggest when you get there (if you don't reserve a spot)
is to just ride around and check it all out...doesn't take too long to cruise the whole place....if you get there early enough on thursday or before.
**be aware that the road that runs in front of the Amphitheater(Mushroom Stage) can be shut down closer to fest time for equipment/production work**

Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:15 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Yeah that's right. If you want a site that has water and electric hookups, then you have to reserve it. They even have full hookup sites in the Loop area that you can reserve (water, electric, and sewer).

Primitive camping is included with all tickets. You can set up camp anywhere in the park that isn't a reserved spot We met these people were set up right at the edge of the cliff on the river, literally within steps of falling into the ravine. But there are plenty of safe "primitive" camping areas. hahahah

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:33 pm Profile
 [ 7 posts ]