Last visit was: Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:32 pm It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:32 pm

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Do you go off the rope swing ? 
Wanee Mushroom

Post Re: Do you go off the rope swing ?
Depends on the water level. This pic was taken at springfest '05. Last wanee the water level was at least 10' lower than seen here. We jumped off the tree, but the top of the rope was barely out of the water.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:49 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I think they cut a piece of the tree off too to discourage jumping. It is safe if the water level is up as BP mentions below but if lower it can be dangerous. Plus last year we heard about a gator in the water. Never saw him but I would bet there are a few around. I want to say we saw some canoeing but we finished off the cooler and I fell in the water at the end so we won't take my word for it.

The beach is really cool though. It is an unexpected treat to cool off and wash down.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:59 am Profile
Wanee Lover

OK don't make fun I am from the South and I also say ya'll. Where do you lay your head?

Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:12 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Yeah, the beach is a nice place to take a break a couple times a day. Though I have seen the water level so high that there was no beach (springfest '02). The river was so high it was almost in the parking area :!:

Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:15 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Calypsomamma wrote:
OK don't make fun I am from the South and I also say ya'll. Where do you lay your head?

It's spelt y'all. It is a contraction of "you" and "all". And I will always argue that it is perfectly acceptable grammar.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:06 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Sometimes I spell it "y'all" and sometimes I spell it "ya'll." That way it keeps the Yankees guessing.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:08 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

cybergaloot wrote:
Sometimes I spell it "y'all" and sometimes I spell it "ya'll." That way it keeps the Yankees guessing.

:lol:

Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:23 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
:D :D ROTFLMFAO :!: Hey I ain't no rebel either!!!LOL I used to argue with my exhubby's mom (they were all from NC..which I LOVE) but was born up north and spent all my summers up there and really want to leave the SWAMP but just can't seem to get the hell out of here...something always keeps me here :?: BTW she would say she I did it twicet!!! And the ain't thing got to be like an on going argument...so used to tell my kids ain't is not in the dictionary!!! Well guess what...it is now but I hope it will be a cold day in Hell before TWICET is :!: :shock: :D Yeah I jst may jump off the "Banks of the Deep End"...but will have to be a little buzzed first as I know what is in that water...GATORS...well hell why would they be there....only cause we are in their territory :?: You think :?: :!: :roll: I have had to break oars over water moccasins trying to climb in our boat ....way long ago in Lake Okeechobee...forgive my spelling too am not so good at that or my grammer any more...but this is Gator Country that is fo shure....LOL I couldn't resist!!! Peace I hope it is deep but not too deep...they are getting some much needed rain up there today I think?? But who knows if this weather man even knows which way the wind blows??? LOL :D

Last edited by Muleldy1 on Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:49 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

[quote="Muleldy1"]:D :D ROTFLMFAO :!: Hey I ain't no rebel either!!!LOL I used to argue with my exhubby's mom (they were all from NC..which I LOVE) but was born up north and spent all my summers up there and really want to leave the SWAMP but just can't seem to get the hell out of here...something always keeps me here :?: BTW she would say she I did it twicet!!! And the ain't thing got to be like an on going argument...so used to tell my kids ain't is not in the dictionary!!! Well guess what...it is now but I hope it will be a cold day in Hell before TWICET is :!: :shock: :D Yeah I jst may jump off the "Banks of the Deep End"...but will have to be a little buzzed first as I know what is in that water...GATORS...well hell why would they be there....only cause we are in their territory :?: You think :?: :!: :roll: I have had to break oars over water moccasins trying to climb in our boat ....way long ago in Lake Okeechobee...forgive my spelling to am not so good at that or my grammer any more...but this is Gator Country that is fo shure....lOL I couldn't resist!!! Peace I hope it is deep but not too deep...they are gettting some much needed rain up there today I think?? But who knows if this weather man even knows which way the wind blows??? LOL :D[/quote

Reading this hurt my brain.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:55 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

I'd much rather be in a lake full of alligators than to be near one moccasin. The moccasin is far more aggressive and fearless.

I use ain't in speech but can not deffend it from an intellectual standpoint. Unlike y'all, ain't is not a contraction for anything. It is supposed to replace "isn't" which is a contraction for "is" and "not", but how did we come up with ain't? Dunno, but I like reducing syllables whenever possible.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:59 pm Profile
 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next