Last visit was: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:28 am It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:28 am

[ 146 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Funny/Odd Past show experiences 
Wanee Lover

Post Funny/Odd Past show experiences
OK after reading the naked tripping guy story it reminded me of an experience that we had last year. If you have any funny story or crazy experience it would be great to hear what I did..I mean what you remember from your time at the past festivals. :)

At about midnight Friday night a poor soul had clearly been letting his hair down and had lost his shoes and shirt and wound up on the wrong sided of the fence in the dense woods. We were camping right next to this tall chain link fence.

My group was standing there talking and all of a sudden this guy runs up (crazy run) to the fence and just looks at us like...uh oh. Looking at him on the wrong side of the fence with no shoes, and no shirt at midnight with no break in the fence line all we do is stare at each other and wish him luck. He may still be wandering today.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:19 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Post Re: Funny/Odd Past show experiences
Good stuff. It probably took him a while to realize that the fence was real. I've heard that fences can just seem to appear sometimes at these festivals.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:26 am Profile
Wanee Lover

My ex boyfriend was once a delicious ice cream sandwich. :) I walked into the bedroom at his apt and he was between the boxsprings and matress giggeling. I laughed my a$$ off.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:10 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Chi-town represent!

Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:12 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

marky wrote:
PotatoSkins wrote:
Chi-town represent!

Rockford :roll:

If you play poker - check out RockfordCharitableGames.com
Oh and at least you got Cheap Trick...They are good enough to mention that it's their hometown as well as yours.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:35 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

beerpolice wrote:
I've heard that fences can just seem to appear sometimes at these festivals.

Totally happened to my friend at Bonnaroo a few years back.

"..and then there was this fence!"

Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:20 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
:lol: Too funny, I was hanging (holding myself up) on the door to get in to the Hall(peaking?) where Janis was performing was like right in front of her when the fans started climbing on the stage and came down real fast, when all of a sudden the cops were all over the place and she yelled "F you PIGS!!" and after they got all the people away they handcuffed her and she was arrested....too heavy for me on that night...LOL poor lady she did belt out the BLUES that night literally!! Another time trees were chasing me...can't remember where that was bad night..I hope to heck I don't get trapped at my age by magic fences!!! :D

Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:29 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

I've made it to Wanee every year so far with my two older brothers. During a set break in '07 we were walking back to our campsite talking when we realize we lost our middle brother. He was with us no more than 20 seconds earlier. We kept walking to the campsite figuring we would meet up. Not the case. Allmans last set was starting, so my oldest brother and I make our way to the show. After The Brothers finish up, we walk back to the campsite to find our brother passed out halfway in his tent. WE LAUGHED OUR ASSES OFF! Turns out he took a wrong turn and wondered around looking for our campsite for the entire last set. SINCE THEN WE'VE DESIGNATED A MEETING SPOT!!!

Allman Brother Borealis AKA SOUTHERN LIGHTS!!!

Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:41 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

The idea of a meeting spot is a really good idea. I lost my friend at the beginning of the SSR set last year and we didn't meet back up until we were walking back to the campsite. I was sad we had missed jamming together and if we would have had a meeting spot...we cold have. :)

SD we need a meeting spot!!

Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:06 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Last year I wound up completely lost (and very, very drunk) . Following the Wanee Family Jam , I told my brother-in-law and other companions I was headed back to camp . I typically don't drink anything other than beer . However , I was tired of standing in the beer line and missing alot of what was taking place on stage . So, one of my buddies produced a bottle of Captain Morgan , and we hit it pretty hard .

Shortly after striking out on my own , I quickly felt the old Captain kick in (like a mule to be exact) . It also became apparent to me that all of the trails and campsites look just alike in the pitch black . I staggered around for what must have been 2 hours when I finally came to the realization I wouldn't be finding home until daylight came . For the record, I had my cell phone in my pocket , and could have easlily called the other members of my crew for some guidance ... but that idea couldn't make it's way through the haze in my mind .

Now I'm in damage control mode . I know I'm going to have to ditch , but where ?!! By this time the drum circles are getting wound up, and I knew that more times than not , there's some pretty odd characters in attendance for those . So I steered clear of the drum noise as best I could . I badly needed to sleep, not discuss the origins of the universe with a guy that looked like a demented Shaggy from Scooby Doo .

After wandering about a little more, I just found a quiet spot in the woods and crashed . When I came-to the following morning, I realized I was within ear-shot of my campsite ! But it ain't over yet ... where the hell is my phone ? Hopelessly lost and with several international phone calls on it was my assumption .

Later that morning, my brother-in-law's cell phone rang showing my number on his caller i.d. . When he answered, the voice on the other end said "lost cell phone calling" . We made arrangements to pick it up from the two gentlemen that had found it who were super nice guys . God bless them .

Last edited by squabs217 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:07 pm Profile
 [ 146 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next