Last visit was: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:57 pm It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:57 pm

[ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Funny/Odd Past show experiences 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Funny/Odd Past show experiences
Pink Floyd '94 I talked my way out of going to jail in the lot (my car door was open and rubbing up against a cop's personal car) We were smoking and drinkin when he walked up. I knew the chick at the gate and she hooked me up with a spot up front....but with a price. So there I stood long straggly hair right at the entrance getting yelled at by a tall cop with wide brim hat, the people who were driving in started screaming all kinds of funny s#%t at us...It was hard to act scared and respectful. I just begged him not to ruin my only chance to see Floyd. He told me to move my car and vanish (yeya). Then I went in the show (a football arena) there was huge beach ball floating around before they started, I stood up and punched it as hard as I could, it flew up the stands and hit some big ole dude in the face that wasnt looking. He was like a red faced grizzly bear that played in Canned Heat . THE ENTIRE ARENA BOOED ME :/ I ran up to him and gave him a big ole hug and a present from my pocket. He was my buddy the rest of the night. Whats so funny is when Floyd or Dead shows are over and the lights come on, you see all these trippin people that are just starting to peak :lol:

Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:27 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Oh!!! Cop story!!! Crosby, Stills, & Nash somewhere in New Hampshire. We were hanging around the van in party mode when somebody said "COPS"... Everybody stashed their beer but me (of course). When he told me to dump it....................... I dumped it down my throat. Wow!, He was not happy but I didn't go to jail!!!

Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:18 am Profile
Wanee Pro

I was at All Good in 2008 back when it was at Marvin's Mountaintop in WV w/ all those huge-azz hills!! Ugh!! Anyhoo... I was walking up one of the hills one day w/ a blanket to lay down in the grass & get some rest & some sunshine. I see this older dude sitting up towards the top of the hill w/ a fishing pole & he's casting the line out. As I get closer, I see that he's got a baggie tied to the end of the fishing string & when he casts it out he lets the baggie sit on top of the grass until someone walks by & sees it. As soon as they bend over & reach down to scoop up what they obviously think is a fantastic ground score... he quickly reels in the baggie. I sat near him & watched for a while & laughed & laughed. I finally said... "hey man, what the heck are you doin"? He looks over at me & says... "aww just fishin' for hippies". I'll never forget it.. I laughed till I cried. :D :D :D

Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:47 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

SisterGoldenHair wrote:
I was at All Good in 2008 back when it was at Marvin's Mountaintop in WV w/ all those huge-azz hills!! Ugh!! Anyhoo... I was walking up one of the hills one day w/ a blanket to lay down in the grass & get some rest & some sunshine. I see this older dude sitting up towards the top of the hill w/ a fishing pole & he's casting the line out. As I get closer, I see that he's got a baggie tied to the end of the fishing string & when he casts it out he lets the baggie sit on top of the grass until someone walks by & sees it. As soon as they bend over & reach down to scoop up what they obviously think is a fantastic ground score... he quickly reels in the baggie. I sat near him & watched for a while & laughed & laughed. I finally said... "hey man, what the heck are you doin"? He looks over at me & says... "aww just fishin' for hippies". I'll never forget it.. I laughed till I cried. :D :D :D

Nice! :)

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:43 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Flew out of Orlando to Baltimore where we were picked up to RV our way to the Peach Fest last summer. We get to the festival a day early and the rains set in and makes the place a muddy mess, particularly the climb uphill to where the vendors are set up. So we’re shopping a bit and I remark that this dude sells all types of paraphernalia and what a shame we have no herb to smoke. I don’t even complete my statement and vendor dude is pushing a metal pipe to my lips and says you want to smoke some hash with the lighter already flaming the bowl before I even get a chance to answer. I’m thinking how great is this…so I tell him we flew in from Florida and didn’t bring anything on the plane with us and asked would he be up for selling some of his stash. Nice vendor dude has a mood swing and begins a 10 minute tirade on me that a true hippie never leaves home without a stash, also that he was arrested in Florida once, and how he hates the state of Florida. When he finally calms down and we are trying to escape unharmed he apologizes for his behavior. "Sorry to take it out on you cause you’re from Florida” he says. So I am checking out some silver jewelry piece he has and I ask the price. He tells me $500 and hands me the piece. Another vendor walks up they begin talking about what an awful location they have been put in up the muddy hill which very few people will venture to and he starts a tirade again. I’m still holding the jewelry and no matter how many times I try to hand it back to him he just keeps yelling and it’s like I’m invisible. The next day we’re walking to the Peach stage and I see this vendor has moved from the muddy hill to a place near the pavilion entrance. Figuring he is much happier now I go to take a look at the jewelry piece again AND again I am standing there holding it while he launches off into bi-polar land. I’ve got to figure he did not sell anything throughout the festival…so scary. And he wouldn’t sell us any of his stash either. ha-ha

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy

Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:22 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Bear Creek, Mushroom stage. I'm wearing my jester hat, B is next to me with her clown hat. This guy gets between us, and he's boogieing down then he looks left, looks right and begins to rave, calls one of his friends on the cell and is blown away "hey man I got clowns to the left of me and jokers to the right." He's had a major epiphany and B and I just laugh! :lol: :lol:

Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:33 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

hugginthetreehugger wrote:
Bear Creek, Mushroom stage. I'm wearing my jester hat, B is next to me with her clown hat. This guy gets between us, and he's boogieing down then he looks left, looks right and begins to rave, calls one of his friends on the cell and is blown away "hey man I got clowns to the left of me and jokers to the right." He's had a major epiphany and B and I just laugh! :lol: :lol:

Nice!!!!

Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:46 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

funny stuff right there huggin

Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:48 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

"I got clowns to the left of me and jokers to the right."

:lol:

That's an awesome kind of funny right there!

Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:55 am Profile
Wanee Demi-God

beach bob wrote:
"I got clowns to the left of me and jokers to the right."

That's an awesome kind of funny right there!

Sounds like the begining of a song! :lol:

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:58 am Profile
 [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next