Last visit was: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:50 pm It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:50 pm

[ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
 Funny/Odd Past show experiences 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Funny/Odd Past show experiences
Hey PeteWhit--

You should listen to good old Zappa---
"watch out where those huskies go and..." :lol:

Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:18 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

NCviper wrote:
petewhit wrote:
Here is a St. Paddy's Day story. Me and two friends went to Savannah, Ga about twenty years ago for their big St. Paddy's party on River Street. We didn't reserve a hotel room but planned on getting one when we got down there but brought a tent and sleeping bags just in case. We got there at about noon and immediately began doing Jagermeister shots. We got smashed. At about ten that night I remember dancing with some girl and for some reason I tried to kiss her and BAM! I saw stars. She had punched me in the face. My contact lens got knocked out so I had everybody down on the ground looking for it in a big cleared out circle. After no luck I went back to the car to get the spare. This is where I found my friend curled up in a ball in the trunk fast asleep. I woke him up and we found my other friend back down on River Street.

By then it was one in the morning and we needed to get some sleep. All of the hotels in a ten mile radius was sold out so we drove down country roads looking for a place to set up the tent. When we found a suitable place we where so sloshed that we did even use to poles to set it up. We just crawled in the collapsed tent. The next thing I know I heard "you boys best be on your way" I peeped out of the tent and saw an old man with two big German Sheppards and a shotgun. I also saw the back of his house. We where in his backyard. He let the dogs go and they started sniffing around us. You have never seen three guys pack up a car and move out like we did.

Note to self........NEVER go camping with Pete! :lol:

Love this Pete. There's something about Savannah :D

Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:04 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Dont know if its more of the area or the year but that wouldn't fly here in Hudson FL Pete. Call cops first ask questions later unfortunately. My moma always said it aint about the Good ole boys having fun anymore, you slip up and you go to jail.

I was livin in my truck for a while a few years back. I was sleeping in a publix parking lot, and I heard that dreaded sound of metal on glass and "Sir can you come out of the vehicle with your hands up. they made me stand there in my boxers for an hour while a total of 6 vehicles some with 2 cops came by to laugh at me I suppose. I told the cops i was in a fight with my girl and it was only tonight they let me off with a warning that took about an hour and a half. Cops here are real a-holes

Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:20 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Dang, I'm sorry to hear that Bigwin. Cops can be real jewels can't they? The most upsetting thing about that night was getting punched by the girl. You know, when you try something like that you imagine her saying something like "I've been waiting for you to do that. Let's get out of here and go back to my hotel room".

Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:31 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Pete, those are awesome stories. :lol: :lol:

BWT, I'm sorry to hear they treated you like that. :( Not sure why some people get a kick out of others misfortunes. We've all been there or know someone who has. My brother in law was camping in his car for a while before he told us about it. Of course once he did, I made him a spot on the couch and he never slept in his car again. :D Protect and serve :roll:

Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:36 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Lovin' Life wrote:
Pete, those are awesome stories. :lol: :lol:

BWT, I'm sorry to hear they treated you like that. :( Not sure why some people get a kick out of others misfortunes. We've all been there or know someone who has. My brother in law was camping in his car for a while before he told us about it. Of course once he did, I made him a spot on the couch and he never slept in his car again. :D Protect and serve :roll:

Yea everyone has ups and downs, its how you handle them that shows who you are. It was definitely a learning experience.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:48 am Profile
Wanee Lover

When i saw Railroad Earth last yr at the Variety in Atlanta, i had some extra mushrooms on my pizza. I had gotten them from a buddy and i swear his twin was standing 2 rows in front of me the entire time. After the show, i was telling my driver and friends about it. We were carrying on about it and looked up and came 1 inch from running the same dude over.

WEIRD.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:46 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Ok this one is under the Odd catagory. Two wanees ago at the first night of WSP, first time I saw them too. At the very beginning os the set, my friend and I were (with head primed for the expected light show), standing a little way back from the soundbooth, when a young lady started running spastically between her "friends" and flailing hereself to the ground, ouch! She did it over and over, At first i really wanted to grab her and calm her down, but wondered why her friends didnt interact, then I saw the look on her face and it wasnt friendly. My friend and I had to move on it wasnt the vibe we needed ! I have never got that scene out of my head, kind of Deja Vue s#%t especially every other time I've seen WSP. So was this a skit and doing the "Panic"? Really bugs me lol.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:05 am Profile YIM
Wanee Lover

WannaWaneesomore wrote:
Ok this one is under the Odd catagory. Two wanees ago at the first night of WSP, first time I saw them too. At the very beginning os the set, my friend and I were (with head primed for the expected light show), standing a little way back from the soundbooth, when a young lady started running spastically between her "friends" and flailing hereself to the ground, ouch! She did it over and over, At first i really wanted to grab her and calm her down, but wondered why her friends didnt interact, then I saw the look on her face and it wasnt friendly. My friend and I had to move on it wasnt the vibe we needed ! I have never got that scene out of my head, kind of Deja Vue s#%t especially every other time I've seen WSP. So was this a skit and doing the "Panic"? Really bugs me lol.

I guess she was having a temper tantrum.....or worse.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:25 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I think they call that a PANIC attack.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:28 am Profile
 [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next