Last visit was: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:54 pm It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:54 pm

[ 7 posts ] 
 Wiped out ... 
Site Admin

Post Re: Wiped out ...
I feel for you marky. Hopefully no serious injury's brother.

We just returned from a nice ride up through the smokies, tail of the dragon and the blueridge and I can tell you that I feel releived each time I pull into the driveway after the long rides that everything went well. mrs wl rides her own Harley and when we ride together I always try and look out for her - for the cages that aren't paying attention. Too many of them out there distracted - I tell ya. Give your daughter an extra hug - things could have been worse.

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

And don't forget Deep Jams Radio on Tunein Deep Jams Radio

Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:52 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Wow, I'm glad you're okay Marky.

Today is actually the 7th anniversary of my dad sustaining a Traumatic Brain Injury when a car pulled out in front of his bike. And, from what everyone who saw the scene & aftermath has told me, he was very, very lucky.

Take care of yourself!

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

...But the fighter still remains.

Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:41 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Much sympathy here friend Im glad your alright.Looks like some serious road rash.You know some people drive like assholes! :twisted:

Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:47 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Sorry to hear it Marky, but I'm thankful that you walked away. As WL said, I am grateful every time I make it home safely after a ride. Hope your wife and daughter are taking good care of you.

Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:04 pm Profile
Wanee Master

marky wrote:
Thanks folks. Funny thing about it is that the parking lot that the car pulled out of is a strip mall that has a DMV branch office in it. I'm sure that the person had just been in a line for several hours and was pissed off and driving fast to get the hell out of there. :twisted:

Oooooooooh You need to put a BIG "Look twice save a life -motorcycles are everywhere" bumpersticker on his forehead!!
Hey, post a pic with your eyes open Marky, that one is like a creepy morgue shot.

Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:37 pm Profile
Site Admin

Back in the late 70's (maybe early 80's) Easyrider magazine had an article on the blind area a motorcycle has when somebody (cage driver) is looking down the road for traffic. It was an excellent article and really opened my eyes. It depicted 2 lines and simulated a rider between them and when held at a certain distance from the face - the motorcycle totally disappeared. I held on to the article for years to show people but it eventually got lost. A lesson both as a cage driver and bike rider - look twice and always be as ready as possible for someone to pull out.

Was the bike totaled?

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

And don't forget Deep Jams Radio on Tunein Deep Jams Radio

Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:40 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

marky wrote:
No, not totalled just scratched and dented up a little. The thing was, I was cruising along about 45 mph and he pulled out of a parking lot in a hurry thinking I would slow down, which I did, but not enough and it started to skid so I let off the brake to keep from sliding and went to the right to avoid him and after he cruised away and I was almost stopped, I got along side the curb and couldn;t get off it and dumped it and dove for the ground with my face planting on the sidewalk.

:shock:
Damn glad you are all right Marky! I have been away and am just catchin up! Be careful out there.... :!:

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:14 pm Profile
 [ 7 posts ]