Last visit was: Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:59 am It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:59 am

[ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 I love fold-up lawn chairs ! 
Wanee Fan

Post Re: I love fold-up lawn chairs !
f2photo wrote:
I did take a folding chair to the Peach stage, I do confess. It was only during the day though and I sat in the back. My state of being at the particular point in time was kinda like Weekend at Bernies and I propped myself up in the chair while doing a good job of imitating Hunter S Thompson. Problem was my friends were supplying me with liquids, ie, beer, so I didnt have to move much. You know the bad part of this story is that I knew better cuz I live in Florida, though maybe not at the moment. I ended up with a horrific sunburn. The good news was that henna tat was burned into me for several days after it wore off. Perhaps this was judgment on me from the folding chair god for not tying my chair with someone elses chair and having one person guard them for five hours while shooing everyone away from my chair. Things to ponder and reflect on in these deep moments.

There's not a thing wrong with what you did . I did it myself 2 years ago when Railroad Earth was on the Peach Stage . There weren't very many folks taking in the show , so I sat close enough to smell those little flowers in front of the stage . Later that day , I folded the chair up , and left it by a trash can for someone else to snag . The thing was like $7.00 so no harm done . I turn into a nomad when the big boys start up .

The lawn chair Gestapo tends to show up before Mule takes the stage . Forgive me for being snobbish , but they're easy to spot . The gear other than the chairs they bring along is a dead give away . They post up , and act like turbo buttholes to anyone who "threatens" their territory . I've seen several examples of their behavior where I acutually felt embarrassed for them .

Let's make a human wall in front of them this year , and let people walk back and forth in front of them . It'll be beautiful !

Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:18 am Profile
Wanee Fan

How 'bout a nice big WWI style trench behind the sound tower ? That'll teach 'em .

Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:34 am Profile
Wanee Lover

owllover I need to see a picture of this chair!!!

Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:04 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

I think I know what you're talking about...just saw one at Sams club over the weekend, those babies are SWEET!

Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:06 pm Profile
Site Admin

We use this one and love it. Always at the back of the crowd though.....

http://www.amazon.com/Kelysus-Convertib ... B00108LLKO

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

And don't forget Deep Jams Radio on Tunein Deep Jams Radio

Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:54 pm Profile
 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2