Last visit was: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:59 am It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:59 am

[ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 User generated schedule 
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
Post Re: User generated schedule
:o Yeah! Don't hold your breath on that time...look at the Marathon from the Xmas Jam....unbelivable!!! Gregg has more stamina now that he is finished with his txs!! Let's pray that they jam ALL NIGHT!! How cool would that be...kinda like the old days.. :D So which stage will Grace be playing I am a bit confused :?: :? And do you have time to get from one stage to the other or do they start like as soon as the last chord has played :?: :?: Getting butterflies... :lol: like a kid :lol:

Last edited by Muleldy1 on Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:53 am Profile
Wanee Lover

The stages are very close, unfortunately the time slots on the stages overlap. You will have to make some decisions and rule other bands out. You can't be two places at once.

For some reason Wanee doesn't announce their schedule ahead of time like other festivals do, Maybe this year will be different. You either have to look at the main board when you enter the festival gates, or track down a written schedule when you get there. There might be a table to the right of the festival entrance where they have the schedules

Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:31 am Profile
Wanee Master

Love those Hippie roots, but as freewheeling as I am, I like to at least glance at a schedule then float to wherever my feet take me. I'd be really bummed if I missed something I really wanted to see. No fuss, no muss. :D

Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:52 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
AndieBee wrote:
Love those Hippie roots, but as freewheeling as I am, I like to at least glance at a schedule then float to wherever my feet take me. I'd be really bummed if I missed something I really wanted to see. No fuss, no muss. :D
Me too, AndiB, I am not obsessed about any of this ..just curious..have never seen Grace and will be disappointed if I miss her..also, the Doobies, the Truckers and of course THE MULE,list too long but some acts I have nver seen and it would be nice to catch them if I can...If not life is too short to worry :!: :o

Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:17 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

As a taper I have a different agenda and really like accurate schedules. At a fest like Wanee we have to pick and choose the bands we want to record. That may mean missing a band we like that we know a half dozen other tapers are recording in favor of an interesting, lesser known group where maybe nobody else is recording.

When they flip-flop between stages, we don't have time to get to the other stage and get set up without missing at least a song or two. That may not mean much to most of you but tapers like to get the whole set, its an archival document. As the crowd gets thicker (& more loaded) it gets to be just that much harder. What it means to me is that I'll probably be recording every other set and just listening to what I can of the stuff in between.

Typical taper agenda for a set:
frantically get to the stage
set up the stand, mics, cables, etc.
check the recorder settings
check everything, make sure you haven't forgotten something
hit record
fix that thing you forgot and didn't catch
make sure everything is running smoothly
fix that other thing you forgot and didn't catch
guard our gear from wookies and other idjits
make sure everything is running smoothly again
guard our gear from more wookies and other idjits
save the recording
tear down the mics, stand, etc.
frantically get to the next stage and do it all over again!

Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:18 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Typically, they will have a schedule by at least the week before. If not, you can pick one up at the front ticket office on the way in (someone posted a picture of the flyer from last year).

Otherwise, just ask around your campsite. Someone will gladly let you copy theirs. We usually tack one up in our campsite.

I have those bands I really want to see, but there is a lot of following the groovy music, too.

take it... Seek knowledge from those wiser...
and teach those who wish to learn from me~

Last edited by JoBu on Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:05 am Profile
Wanee Lover

My heart is pounding. I simply cannot wait!!!

Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:42 am Profile
Wanee Lover

If I was on L and 20 years younger I would be wandering around as well. When you get older you need to do a little more planning.

At Langerado, we were standing by one of the empty stages and saying that Les Claypool was playing on the other side of the festival. This dude in a cape was tripping so much he must have overheard us and starting saying that I was Les Claypool and asking me when I am going to play. I look nothing like Claypool. He was saying how much he loved me and I tried to explain that I was not Claypool and that Les what playing at the stage on the other side of Big Cypress. He could not comprehend this. I told him “dude you’re tripping, but everything’s cool”. The poor guy missed his favorite band.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:33 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Hey Les, What time ya playing?

Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:22 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I been called worse!!

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:43 pm Profile
 [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next