Last visit was: Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:50 am It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:50 am

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Love the atmosphere around here ! 
Wanee Fan

Post Love the atmosphere around here !
I've posted on the Allman Brothers site for years now , and may I say I like it better here already . The ABB site tends to be very clique-ish and it's a drag . I won't forget the site of my favorite band , but I think I'll hang around here more often . I've talked with some cool people here right off the bat .

With all of that said , I can't wait to see Mule with Jorgen Carlsson on bass at Wanee this year . Andy Hess kicks ass , but to me , he was often hard to hear in the mix . I've heard Carlsson rumbles like Woody did . I've been to Wanee every year except for '07 as my wife and I were expecting our second baby . I'll warn you all in advance , I talk about my wife and my two little girls a lot . They have made me the happiest man on earth . So my apologies if I over-do it sometimes .

See you guys at the fest this year...the clock's tickin' .

Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:05 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Love the atmosphere around here !
this is a very friendly board! I may not post alot (like that owl girl!) but i'm usually workin' and lurkin' in the background!

Think of the fun we'll have when we all get together in person. Woo Hooo!

Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:32 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

squabs217 wrote:
I talk about my wife and my two little girls a lot . They have made me the happiest man on earth . So my apologies if I over-do it sometimes .

Talk away! The family thing never worked out for me though I helped raise a former girlfriend's daughter for a while and loved it. Too bad I couldn't stand the rest of her family! They were Italian so you know who won out there. But if I had a family I don't think you could shut me up! Missing out on that is my one big disappointment in life but you have to play the cards that are dealt ya' and you can't rewind life. More power to you and yours! Give them a hug.

Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:42 pm Profile
Wanee Master

My x passed away in 99, we never had kids so I missed out to Cyber. But I have met a great woman who I love dearly, shes even letting me to the show alone, well with an approved buddy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:49 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Master

Such a great crowd around here! Except for you Marky, keep the cheese off my potato! :D

Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:13 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

cybergaloot wrote:
squabs217 wrote:
I talk about my wife and my two little girls a lot . They have made me the happiest man on earth . So my apologies if I over-do it sometimes .

Talk away! The family thing never worked out for me though I helped raise a former girlfriend's daughter for a while and loved it. Too bad I couldn't stand the rest of her family! They were Italian so you know who won out there. But if I had a family I don't think you could shut me up! Missing out on that is my one big disappointment in life but you have to play the cards that are dealt ya' and you can't rewind life. More power to you and yours! Give them a hug.

That's very kind of you to say Galoot . I sincerely appreciate your doing so . I hope other things in your life have compensated for your dissapointment in the family category .

Sorry to bore you all with it , but I can honestly say I've got everything I prayed for as a kid . The thing I wanted most when I grew up was to have a good wife who cared about family like I did . We're approaching our 15th anniversary and as I mentioned earlier , I'm the daddy to two little girls 7 and 2 . I know how to count my blessings .

The one thing she and I absolutely clash over is music ! She's into the pseudo-country that's so prevelant these days and (this pains me) Bon Jovi . Much to her shegrin , my kids love Medeski Martin and Wood , The ABB , Widespread Panic , T.P. & The Heartbreakers/Mudcrutch , John Scofield , and The Greyboy Allstars . Any of you guys married to a mainstreamer/sheep ?

Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:38 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Mine is into "kickin country" also some of I like but give good o'l rock n roll anyday oh and BLUES.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:46 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

squabs217 wrote:
That's very kind of you to say Galoot . I sincerely appreciate your doing so . I hope other things in your life have compensated for your dissapointment in the family category .

I'm not where I want to be but I am where I am. I try to live realistically "in the now," use the past as a lesson and keep an eye on the future. In other words, just keep on moving forward! I have less years in front of me than I have behind me so there are some things that just aren't going to happen at this point, I try to just enjoy what's here now. Life's good even though it smells kinda funky sometimes.

Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:27 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
:) Great outlook on life Cyber!! That is the truth! And all of you that have not heard Jorgen yet...HOLD ON TO YOUR HATS!! He is going to BLOW you away!! I never saw Andy but have heard all including the MASTER WOODY :cry: God broke the mold when he made him... but there are some other really fine bass players out there and Jorgen is one!! We were right in front of him at the Xmas jam and I could feel his bass right up through the floor !!! And there was a lot of weight on that floor!! He is excellent!!! I think most will agree!! Now for the family kid thing that is cool I'm on my second round...Raising 3 gkids! What a trip it has been and still is! I gave up the music scene to help raise them and dogs...so I just lost my last baby (my dogs are my kids too!) it will be 3weeks this week and it is really hard for me..story too long but she was 13 1/2yrs old & I did not go anywhere without her! She has left a very big void in my heart and am crying right now as I type this...I know this sounds crazy but I think I am taking this harder than when I lost my mom & Bro!!! So tell me to shut up if I ramble about my girl ...but life without her is very tough right now!!! I have had this breed since 1979 & now have none...well my daughter's dog who is 13 also not doing to hot & a weiner dog young one but still not my girl...Peace & Love RIP my girl!!!

Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:25 am Profile
Wanee Master

marky wrote:
AndieBee wrote:
Such a great crowd around here! Except for you Marky, keep the cheese off my potato! :D

I love you :!:

No cheese, but extra sour cream on your potato :?:

From bad to worse... Just plain with butter. Don't drown the poor thing!

Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:39 am Profile
 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next