Last visit was: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:07 pm It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:07 pm

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Open jam and party on Thursday/Friday/Saturday night... 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Open jam and party on Thursday/Friday/Saturday night...
Hard to keep track of all the parties! There’s the Friday 4:20 party at my site with acoustics. There’s Owl’s drum circle party, and countless other parties. Then there’s the River Road Jam that was hosted in the past by Big Dave on Bass.

This is where the professional level musicians play and it draws a great crowd. This year it will not be at the River Road. It will be near the stables and Helen’s Hilton. Also, I’m not sure if Dave is hosting this year because of the frustration of being shut down by security at uncertain times.

My site is near the entrance and I plan to make it a safe haven and refuge to my new friends here. If you want to attend, please PM me for the location. So far there are about 40 people.

Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:35 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Attention: All Who Require Sleep

Stay away from Owl's site. I believe there is going to be some wild people there! Let the parties begin!

Someone PM'd me asking for a nice quiet place to camp. I was thinking about sending near Owl's site as a joke. But I didn't!!!!!

Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:53 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Well this seems to be shaping up nicely! Ok, time to talk songs to play. My first suggestion: Don't Keep My Wondering. What a fun song to play, man. I've been working on the little slide parts for that all week. Check out this video, it's a real treat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQsAxHk54x4

That would be SWEET if that one fella brings the keyboard and amp! I'll have a guitar with nice high action, my glass slides, and a little amp ready to go...

Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:28 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
:lol: You guys are too funny!! Yeah we need some more hippie faces to play with...I would like to request a "DAISY"...she ws our AUSSie girl....aka Kitten head, dumplin do and loved coffee ice cream (Haggan Das sp)she ate a whole pt on her last journey here on earth on that dreadful drive to the vet but she let me know when it was time and it was a peaceful (If it ever could be)sleep...before she crossed over the Rainbow bridge..RIP my sweet "Daisy" Lymphoma...dam cancer!!!! AUS.IMP.AM.CH.Gengala Daydreamer :( miss her but know I did the right thing, now :idea: if I could convince myself re:"Lizzy".. :cry:

Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:10 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I'm hearing that all loud noise (read: electric instruments) will be shut down at 11PM. That seems to be a venue policy. A soundman I know said he was running sound at a campground stage at Springfest and that security came around, killed the power and padlocked the power panel.

Sorry if this dampens anyone's spirits, just be forewarned.

Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:49 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

OOHH! buzz-kill!! :(

Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:57 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
;) Owllie, you and Liketosmoke, are something else!! :lol: Say Cyber, what are the rules regarding a generator??? Are they allowed? (If so I have a one that would probably light up a pretty big area! :lol: ) No seriously, I hve asked this in the past and have not gotten a reply?Peace :)

Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:27 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Muleldy1 wrote:
;) Owllie, you and Liketosmoke, are something else!! :lol: Say Cyber, what are the rules regarding a generator??? Are they allowed? (If so I have a one that would probably light up a pretty big area! :lol: ) No seriously, I hve asked this in the past and have not gotten a reply?Peace :)

I don't know about generators. I'd call the park and ask. Was it you that had people coming who needed electricity for health reasons? If so, be sure to mention that. I have sleep apnea myself and have to use a CPAP machine at night but my campmates know it and let me run an extension cord to their power. I might bring a small fan to keep things cool when sleeping, well cooler.

If you bring a generator you might want to look into some sort of way to keep it quiet just so the people around you don't get pissed. Also remember to isolate it from the ground if you can, some of them vibrate quite a bit and that sound can travel quite a long way through the ground.

Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:44 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

There is no way that they can padlock your power. Especially if you are paying $115 dollars for it. I would go straight to the office demand my money back. I mean the whole point of getting power is to plug your RV in.

Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:20 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Yea, I don't buy it either..

Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:09 pm Profile
 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next