Last visit was: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:24 pm It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:24 pm

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Wisdom 
Wanee Pro

Post Wisdom
This is my first time at Wanee. I used to camp a lot but haven't done it in many years. Not being familiar with the campground, I don't really know what to expect. I am looking for tips from you veterans. Is there anything you have learned from previous experience here that you could pass on. Like, is there anything you wish you had brought but didn't. Or things you did bring but didn't use. I'm just one of those people who overpacks and just know that, no matter what, I'm gonna feel like I'm forgetting something. I guess I'm just looking for some wisdom from you veterans who have been here before. Any tips are appreciated.

Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:47 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Post Re: Wisdom
What kind of camping? We bring our pop-up. We just bring clothes, toiletries(extra TP & wipes) extra fan, chairs, 3 big coolers full of ice water drinks..., light snack foods, hose, electric cord, bikes, fishing poles. We used to bring a lot of food and cook out but I guess we r just getting lazy. hope this helps. :roll:

Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:01 pm Profile YIM
Wanee Pro

Yea, that's what I'm looking for, just general info. I was thinking about bringing my bike but thought it wasn't allowed, or may be frowned upon. We are camping in a reserved spot, so we have water and electric, but we are tent camping. My brother will be in the site next to ours and he is bringing a pop-up camper. We are in the horse camping area which seems to be where the action is from what I understand.

Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:17 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Don't forget lots of bug spray and your rain gear,With all the flooding they been having i'm sure the skeeters will be in full force.We will be having at least one big thunderstorm,you can count on that,I have seen many a wet unhappy campers out there,make sure you have ground tarps ect...Be prepared for heat also,Peace ,Kevin

http://mulearmy.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:56 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

I am SOOOO not looking forward to the dam mosquitos. I've know I've said it before but I really HATE them. We don't have them out here in Colorado. Well...not bad anyway and...ugh, dreading them!!

Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:58 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Mosquitos SUCK!!!! I have only been there in april and they are not bad yet,But this year ?

http://mulearmy.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:03 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
You are right Kev, hell they are already in full force here!! I would also suggest some sun screen,if you haven't already added that to your list? Am not sure about the bike situation but as the old saying goes "If it ain't nailed down in Florida they will take it!" :shock: So bring a bike lock! I have not ever been either but live down here in the swamp and it is brutal this time of year!! :evil: Good Luck! We are going to have a blast I will be the short fat one walkin around reeking of Deep woods OFF with DEET...wearing a mosquito net or maybe two to cover my fat @ss :?: :lol: :oops: :lol:

Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:51 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
I will probably do the same as I always have to take a bunch of sheet with me.(you never know if ya need it or not? right :?: )..Can't help I have OCD!! I might just also be carrying the spare kitchen sink around with me too :lol: Flashlights and lanterns I heard mentioned earlier in here somewhere! So now the list of "STUFF" to bring is getting bigger by the day :!: :roll: :lol:

Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:54 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

#1 Rule: Do not Partake by Rees Lake.

I would try to camp in a shaded place like by River Road or Rees lake. A lot of field camping, but take a compass because you do not want the sun blazzing in your tent at 6:30 a.m. after you went to bed at 3 a.m. It will be hot as s#%t by 8 a.m. so a shaded place will help lots...

You can buy ice there if you run out but essentials are:

Bugspray w. deet (mosquito's, chiggers, ticks)
Sunscreen and REAPPLY & Hat (It will be BRIGHT )
Lots & Lots of water.

You should be fine. A daily dip in the Suwanee River will help too. I usually buy some environmentally safe soap form REI or the Army Navy store. You are going to sweat all day so it is nice to clean up.

Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:09 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Kujobie, if you have one of those bug zapper lights bring it. We can hang it in camp and watch the sparks fly :D

Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:29 am Profile
 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next