Last visit was: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:03 am It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:03 am

[ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Grace Potter and the Nocturnals 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
stot wrote:
Frenchi - that is one heck of an interesting connection to the band. Small dern world! Welcome to the Posse!

Even funnier connection....

My sister went to St Lawrence U and knew a couple of the guys, yet it wasn't until recently that she realized that Grace (Charlotte's sister)= Grace (& the guys at St. L)= Grace Potter & the Nocturnals. Dude....don't ask. :? :roll:

:lol:

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

...But the fighter still remains.

Sat May 23, 2009 1:08 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Thanks for cool vid Stot, I will be seeing her for the first time! Ican't wait.Peace

Sat May 23, 2009 1:57 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Cool; I've only seen them twice. Hoping to catch, in addition to Wanee; the SC, NC & TN shows the week after Wanee.

Sat May 23, 2009 2:03 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Bump for a goood friend!O^O

Tue May 26, 2009 4:17 pm Profile
Wanee Master

RvrRat wrote:
Bump for a goood friend!O^O

Whooooo Whooooooo is it?

Tue May 26, 2009 4:49 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

I pulled up a bunch of GPN videos on YouTube today and my kids spent the morning dancing. :D

Amelia's quote while watching: "Who is that? she's so cool, she sings and dances and plays instruments....and look at her cool boots!!!"

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

...But the fighter still remains.

Tue May 26, 2009 5:39 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Grace just sent me this e-mail:

Happy Summer, weary hibernators! As the Green Mountain flora and fauna hits peak bloom in the early summer, so shall the Nocturnals crawl out of hiding to flourish for you all again!

It has been a particularly long hibernation for us in these past 5 months. But don't think that we've just been quietly slumbering our way through the winter! We spent a good part of the New Year writing, collaborating and recording demos for the new album. In early March, T Bone Burnett jumped on board as producer of the forthcoming project; a development that has launched our musical prospects into the stratosphere!! T Bone is a storyteller, a seeker of pure sound, who has produced albums with Robert Plant & Allison Krauss, The Wallflowers, and supervised the music for Walk the Line, O Brother Where Art Thou? and The Big Lebowski. The month of March was, however bittersweet. In the same month, we parted ways with our friend, and bass player of almost 5 years, Bryan Dondero. He will always be remembered and we wish him every happiness. With this change, we felt it was important to seize the opportunity to rethink the overall anatomy of the band.

With great excitement, we will be climbing onto the bus this week with two new Nocturnals: Bassist Catherine Popper and guitarist Benny Yurco. Catherine is, by all definitions, a "Cat". She has played with legends like Levon Helm, Micheal Stipe, Willie Nelson, Dr. John, Norah Jones and Ryan Adams and the Cardinals. She has wowed crowds with her solid style and her uncanny stage prowess and we are over the moon to have one of our longtime musical crushes joining our band of merry...people! In the spirit of merriment, our longtime friend Benny Yurco has also accepted the charge of 'sonic filler-outer' (aka rhythm guitarist and vocalist). His killer skills and unflappable spirit will no doubt bring the band a whole new bag! We'll be pounding the rock club and festival circuit all summer and fall with stops across the country, and, no doubt to a city near you! Check below for our summer tour schedule.

CURRENT TOUR DATES (always check gracepotter.com for the latest updates - new shows are added almost weekly!)

May 28, 2009 / 8 x 10 / Baltimore, MD
May 29, 2009 / Mr. Small's Theatre / Millvale, PA
May 30, 2009 / The Dame / Lexington, KY
June 3, 2009 / The Parish @ HOB / New Orleans, LA
June 4, 2009 / Bama Jam / Enterprise, AL
June 5, 2009 / Wanee Music Festival / Live Oak, FL
June 6, 2009 / Livewire Music Hall / Savannah, GA
June 8, 2009 / Windjammer / Isle of Palms, SC
June 9, 2009 / The Handlebar / Greenville, SC
June 11, 2009 / Sundown In The City Knoxville , TN
June 12, 2009 / Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival / Manchester, TN
June 13, 2009 / Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival / Manchester, TN
June 14, 2009 / Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival / Manchester, TN
June 20, 2009 / Southern Shore Music Festival / Millville, NJ
June 21, 2009 / Great Hudson River Revival / Croton on Hudson, NY
June 25, 2009 / Alive At Five / Albany, NY
June 27, 2009 / Fort Smith Riverfront Blues Festival / Fort Smith, AR
June 28, 2009 / Neumeier's Rib Room / Fort Smith, AR
July 3, 2009 / Red, White, & Blues / Telluride, CO
July 5, 2009 / Rothbury Music Festival / Rothbury, MI
July 12, 2009 / Quadricentennial Festival / Burlington, VT
July 17, 2009 / Grand Targhee Festival / Alta, WY
July 18, 2009 / The Canyons / Park City, UT
July 24, 2009 / Floyd Fest / Floyd, VA
July 26, 2009 / Gathering of the Vibes / Bridgeport, CT
August 7, 2009 / Celebrate Brooklyn Festival / Brooklyn, NY

Notes from Grace:

5 tips for a world in recession:

DON'T BUY SHOES... Cut holes in milk cartons and walk around in them. They're super avant garde and the people who don't understand your artistic genius will give you their spare change.

TRASH YOUR CAR... if your car is filled to the brim with garbage, no one will want to ride in it with you. You can save on gas, get driven around by your friends and save yourself the daily pains of road rage.

STAY OUT OF MALLS... you know how it happens. You go in to get a phone charger, you come out with a build-it-yourself dune buggy and tickets to Celine Dion.

MAYONNAISE... it's the ultimate multi use product. Good for sandwiches, casseroles, tuna, your hair, your skin, polishing plants, polishing the floor, polishing the car, and making everything smell like a New Jersey deli.

SLEEP IN... set you alarm for 2013. You'll wake up in a new economy!

Happy Summer!
-grace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Wed May 27, 2009 4:35 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Master

Benny Yurco is from Blue & Lasers, Scotts other band :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Wed May 27, 2009 4:38 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

BENNY IS THE BOMB!! super nice guy..he is so so excited to be out on tour with the Nocs. very approchable guy..if you are on facebook so is he..be his friend!! really hoping I can catch up with him at wanee, kidnap him and bring him back to our campsite.....

so he can JAM WITH BRETT!! :D

Wed May 27, 2009 4:42 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

They are also Featured on JamBase as I type.....

I wonder if Cat is gonna wear those boots, too?

Wed May 27, 2009 4:44 pm Profile
 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next